Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Skydiving (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=297)
-   -   Thinking about skydiving, any experiences? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=249870)

• Aug 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
    goodkarma_1
    Thinking about skydiving, any experiences?
    Hi everyone-- I'm thinking about going skydiving. Does it give you that "free falling/stomach dropping" feeling or does it feel like you are floating? Im kind of scared.. ha what I am talking about, I'm really scared to do this but this is something that I've always wanted to do. Any experiences would be most appreciated. Thanks!
  • Aug 17, 2008, 01:48 PM
    N0help4u
    One time I went with my friends that sky dived. I went through the basics of them explaining everything and showing me how you have to first learn how to properly land by jumping off a wooden platform before they will let you.
    With the newer shoots I don't know if you have to go through all that but it might be worth spending a day there asking questions and getting a feel for it.

Also there are weight restrictions.
  • Aug 17, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    It is something everyone should do once.
    Depends on the chutes but on first jump normally not a long free fall but it is an experience, go for it
  • Sep 30, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Rob_up_north

My first Skydive was amazing. It felt like floating. And once the chute opened, it was so quiet and so still that the planet below me meant nothing at all. Its something that everyone really should try at least once. Go Tandem, it helps with the nerves to have a pro with you.
  • Oct 21, 2008, 08:09 AM
    jjwoodhull
    I've been skydiving about 10 times. It's incredible. You do not have the feeling of falling. Go to a reputable place where they give you a lengthy ground lesson before taking you up. Also, go to a place that offers tandem jumps - this is where you are straped to an instructor. This allows you to jump from 15,000 feet rather than 5000 feet.

I would highly recommend you try it.
  • Oct 21, 2008, 08:21 AM
    excon
    Hello:

I'm a pilot. I cannot imagine why anybody would jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

excon
  • Sep 30, 2009, 01:11 PM
    fallingken
    Quote:

Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

I'm a pilot. I cannot imagine why anybody would jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

excon

It's because they keep opening the door, besides, if you have ever been in a real skydiving airplane, you would want to get out.

I found out one day that the fan at the front of the airplane is only there to keep the pilot cool. One day it stopped spinning, boy did the pilot start sweating.

Skydiving is a blast, I have made 143 1/2 jumps, see the pilot fan story above. Only 1 reserve ride and have thousands of memories of wonderful people, places and fun times. It is truly one experience that if you have ever thought about doing, DO IT!
  • Jul 9, 2010, 09:24 PM
    applianceman
    I recommend slackers parachute packing company. They offer full refunds on all unopened chutes. Here's hopin' it'll open.