Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=404175)

• Oct 9, 2009, 04:58 AM
    NeedKarma
    Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize!
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Congratulations!
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:04 AM
    zippit

For doing what?
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:09 AM
    NeedKarma
    I posted a link, you can read more there.
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:12 AM
    tomder55

The Nobel committee jumped the shark years ago awarding it to Arafat. Obama is in good company.
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:34 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The Nobel committee jumped the shark years ago awarding it to Arafat. Obama is in good company.

LOL! Lots of people guessed correctly that that's the first thing the righties would say. You lockstep with them. Hehe.
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:36 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    LOL! Lots of people guessed correctly that that's the first thing the righties would say. You lockstep with them. Hehe.

Who is lots of people?
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:37 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    for doing what?

For campaigning, that's about all he had accomplished at the time of the nominations.
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:38 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Who is lots of people?

Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:44 AM
    J_9
    I knew I was nauseous this morning for a reason!!
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:45 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I knew I was nauseous this morning for a reason!!!

Because you're Party Girl and drank your face off last night?
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:48 AM
    J_9
    Quote:

Because you're Party Girl and drank your face off last night?

I wish that was the reason! Too busy birthin' babies to party!!

Nobama? The NPP? You have GOT to be kidding me!! :eek:
  • Oct 9, 2009, 05:51 AM
    NeedKarma
    I just relate the news.
  • Oct 9, 2009, 06:10 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Without browsing every page I saw 2, that's lots of people? Most wondered for what? Why do you think these "lots" of people" would expect us to say that, because we have a point? Because they know Arafat and peace prize should be two mutually exclusive things?
  • Oct 9, 2009, 06:12 AM
    tomder55

Lots of people... being the commenters on Diggs... yup .

But this doesn't address the question raised at the presser after the announcment about the President considering increasing troops in Afghanistan and threatening tough sanctions and leaving the military option open in Iran.

The bottom line. The nominations had to be in the 1st week Feb. That meant the President was nominated roughly 2 weeks after being sworn in.

Giving the Goracle the Peace Prize for making a movie about the environment had more credibility.
  • Oct 9, 2009, 06:14 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Giving the Goracle the Peace Prize for making a movie about the environment had more credibility.

Exactly, or has giving someone an award for actual accomplishments become passé?
  • Oct 9, 2009, 06:21 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    ... because we have a point?

No because you follow party lines and will oppose anything for the sake of opposing it. It's also called "politics of spite": http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/05/op...05krugman.html It's part of the fractiring of the republican party that's going on. People are getting sick of the stunts, here's a list: Top 30 Stupidest Attacks on Obama - Eyes On Obama
  • Oct 9, 2009, 06:23 AM
    spitvenom

I think it's funny Obama's two biggest Enemies are upset about this. The Taliban and the Republicans. You guys are in good company.
  • Oct 9, 2009, 06:24 AM
    J_9
    Quote:

No because you follow party lines and will oppose anything for the sake of opposing it.

Then tell us in YOUR OWN WORDS why he deserves the NPP! Don't just direct us to links... we want to hear what you have to say.
  • Oct 9, 2009, 06:27 AM
    tomder55

Here is the whole argument in favor of his selection... he is not Bush
  • Oct 9, 2009, 06:28 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Then tell us in YOUR OWN WORDS why he deserves the NPP! Don't just direct us to links....we want to hear what you have to say.

I mentioned it earlier, I just related the news. I won't get into your petty little never ending "discussions" which are always of the same theme.