Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cyberculture (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Has the meaning of free changed? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=271275)

• Oct 19, 2008, 08:18 PM
    united we stand
    Has the meaning of free changed?
    As I double click through the internet I have noticed that on several occasions there have been popups that say I am the 1,000,000,000,000 visitor to that site and it says I have won something for"free";this is before the fine print. I used to go to the site in question and find out what the fine print intails. I recoil with anger and disgust. I have not won anything and they want me to participate in some way that will separate me from my hard earned cash. At this point I delete the site and unsubscribe. Can anyone tell me how these kinds of situations affect their confidence in the internet and how this kind of lie underminds their faith in the business in general;after all free should mean FREE! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Oct 19, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Fr_Chuck

Anyone using the web for very much have learned of these types of scams early.

I ask I guess the purpose of some of your posts ? You appear to have some agenda I have not yet figured out
  • Oct 19, 2008, 08:35 PM
    letmetellu
    Quote:

Originally Posted by united we stand View Post
    As I double click through the internet I have noticed that on several occassions there have been popups that say I am the 1,000,000,000,000 visitor to that site and it says I have won something for"free";this is before the fine print. I used to go to the site in question and find out what the fine print intails. I recoil with anger and disgust. I have not won anything and they want me to participate in some way that will separate me from my hard earned cash. At this point I delete the site and unsubscribe. Can anyone tell me how these kinds of situations affect their confidence in the internet and how this kind of lie underminds their faith in the business in general;after all free should mean FREE!?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

They really piss me off and I know for sure that they are no different from many things that offer you something for nothing. That includes Presidential candidates, so be careful, be very careful.
  • Oct 20, 2008, 12:39 AM
    united we stand
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Anyone using the web for very much have learned of these types of scams early.

I ask I guess the purpose of some of your posts ? you appear to have some agenda I have not yet figured out

I have no agenda.:):):)
  • Nov 1, 2008, 11:52 PM
    magprob
    Quote:

Originally Posted by united we stand View Post
    I have no agenda.:):):)

Congatulations! You are the one Bizillonth person to visit this thread! You have won the grand prize! One can of Spam! Watch for it in the mail!
  • Aug 28, 2009, 12:51 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma

That's a great way to get a virus on your computer, just click on something that looks appealing...