Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=421)
-   -   God's Grace (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=817126)

• Oct 15, 2015, 08:30 PM
    JessicaCurry
    God's Grace
    With respect to redemption, what is the relation of Isreal to the Christian Church?
  • Oct 16, 2015, 12:42 AM
    paraclete
    Israel stands in the same position as everyone else, they need to acknowledge Jesus as saviour. Sacrifice as cleansing of sin stopped with the destruction of the Temple and the prescence of God left with the tearing of the curtain at the death of Jesus. Israel the nation is one of the nations of the Earth. It was founded by the remnant of the Jewish people. The Christian Church through Jesus Christ is spiritual Israel and the inheritor of all god's promises through Jesus
  • Oct 16, 2015, 02:35 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Israel is a nation and/or a people. Redemtion and salvation is a person, one on one event, Like America, it contains most likely more sinful people who do not really accept God, than people who believe, so what is Americans relationship? Really none, except it may be part of the over all play described about the last days.

Israel or those that follow the current Jewish teachings, have no relationship with God, in fact they have denied and ridiculed Christ in their writings. They do not even accept him as a real event and if real, merely a man. They do not accept his virgin birth (even the Muslims accept that) they do not accept him as a prophet ( the Muslims even do that) I could make a stronger case for the Muslims having a closer relationship with God than that of Israel. They are a lost people, without salvation denting Christ. They will feel his final judgement if they do not repent.
  • Oct 16, 2015, 03:38 AM
    paraclete
    Interesting Chuck that you think america has a part in the last days, perhaps they are collecively among those who come from afar. I think we are seeing some interesting end days stuff at the moment with the King of the North making a play or perhaps america is the king of the north and russia merely gog or magog. One interesting development is that Russia is now allied with Iran in Syria.
  • Oct 17, 2015, 03:55 AM
    joypulv
    As one Jewish friend said to me, "We already spun off one Messiah for you."
    Aren't you all a fine bunch of war mongers, slamming Israel. Judaism will survive, regardless of you stealing their rabbi.
  • Oct 17, 2015, 06:22 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Interesting Chuck that you think america has a part in the last days, perhaps they are collecively among those who come from afar. I think we are seeing some interesting end days stuff at the moment with the King of the North making a play or perhaps america is the king of the north and russia merely gog or magog. One interesting development is that Russia is now allied with Iran in Syria.

Heck America may be long gone and the land controlled by "who knows who" LOL maybe space aliens by then. But America sure has some of the qualities of the evil one (sorry all my "America is a Christian country people) I have believed America has not been (if it every really was) a real Christian nation.
  • Jul 29, 2016, 12:27 PM
    classyT
    Fr_Chuck,

Remember America has sent out more missionaries than any other country. Sadly America now needs missionaries HERE to evangelize us. But having said that, God hasn't forgotten us nor is he punishing America! There will come a time when God will judge the earth but as for now... I pray for the USA.

To answer the OP's question and I realize it was clear back in October but it's raining and I am bored so... according to the bible God see's 3 types of people in the world today... Jews, Gentiles and the church or body of Christ. God has set Israel aside for the time being because of the rejection of his son. Having said that salvation is a free gift and if a Jewish person or a Gentile accepts Jesus Christ as their savior God no longer views them as Jews and Gentiles but as IN Christ and part of the church. God has not forgotten Israel and once the church has been removed or raptured he will again begin to work with Israel and his chosen people again. But for now... redemption is given to anyone who accepts Christ.. Jew or Gentile.. there is NO difference in Christ.