Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Operating Systems (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=433)
-   -   After burning a CD it won't play in the car, it just says cd error. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=496914)

• Aug 10, 2010, 01:16 PM
    malio
    After burning a CD it won't play in the car, it just says cd error.
    I burn a cd either cd-r or cd-rw and when I try to play it in my car it comes up cd error. I used to be able to burn them successfully but something has changed and I can't work out what. Help please.
  • Aug 10, 2010, 01:17 PM
    Curlyben
    Was it finalised ?
  • Aug 11, 2010, 04:21 AM
    cmeeks

If you burnt the CD as a data CD and not an audio CD your car player may not be able to read it. Also some older CD players did not read burnt CDs well or at all.
  • Aug 11, 2010, 01:55 PM
    malio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cmeeks View Post
    If you burnt the CD as a data CD and not an audio CD your car player may not be able to read it. Also some older CD players did not read burnt CDs well or at all.

Hi, Thanks for your reply but I'm sure it burnt it as an audio CD, I've tried burning at slower speeds. I think it may be set on a wrong format but I don't know what it shoud be or how to change it. Thanks Malio
  • Aug 11, 2010, 04:17 PM
    seahwk83

Windows media player will burn mp3 to .cda audio format
  • Aug 12, 2010, 06:43 AM
    malio

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I will have to try and convert my files to MP3's and see how it goes. Malio.
  • Aug 12, 2010, 10:45 AM
    seahwk83

What format are they in now?
  • Aug 13, 2010, 03:14 AM
    malio

Hi again, Halve are in Flash Video, the other halve in Wave, and I converted 2 or 3 into MP3, but it still rejects it saying CD error. Thanks Malio
  • Aug 13, 2010, 07:44 AM
    seahwk83

Well to play in an 'older' cd player in a car the audio files would need to be in .cda format - there is DeepBurner Pro out there that converts wav-, mp3-, wma-, and ogg-files to audio format (.cda)

Then there is Nero which will convert mp3 and wma files
  • Aug 13, 2010, 04:16 PM
    malio

Thanks again, I'll try that but what confusses me is I burned quite a few earlier that are flash video, downloaded from utube, which play perfectly, but since I converted some tracks from cassette and mini-disc on to my computer using " audacity " and importing them in "Wav" nothing plays in the car, but the ones I burned before ,play perfectly. Hope you understand. Many thanks, Malio.
  • Aug 13, 2010, 05:10 PM
    InfoJunkie4Life

You can also look at a series of programs called "DVDVideoSoft"

They will work for converters, then you can use windows media player to burn cd's. They are formatted that way to work in most cd players.
  • Aug 13, 2010, 05:36 PM
    KISS

Bet your using different media. If the media is Sony it won't likely work.