Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Job Hunting (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   How to get a start (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=71310)

• Mar 12, 2007, 01:16 PM
    rimmi
    How to get a start
    Hi,

I am desperately in need of a job. I don't have much job experience & also don't know which career to pursue. I have applied for several junior level jobs but most of them ask for experiences. Please, Can anybody tell me how to get a first start? I really want to work.
    But don't know what to do? How to start? Where to start? Can anybody help me with your ideas & suggestions...

Thanks,
    Rimmi
  • Mar 12, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Let me see where to you live, the US.

Post a resure on every internet web site that lists jobs.

Register with the unemployment office ( employment security office)

Get out the help wanted and apply at every job ( not several) you need to be applying at several jobs a day.
  • Mar 12, 2007, 03:20 PM
    angel23
    This is not only your problem several thousands are daily facing with the same problem. Hence, I can understand you well. I think better way to start a career, is to increase your network, have as many contacts, meet different people of same interest. May be that might help you to get a good start. But most importantly, you need to figure out what you want to be, what you are interested in, I know this is the most hardest & toughest part for one who has no idea what to do? But you must think,think,think am sure you will one day know what you want to be.
    Then once you know & understand what keeps you interesting.. then proceed for it. Post your resume to various jobsites. Call people & tell them about your interest. Make friends who also have the same interest. Discuss with them & get some ideas, who knows when it might click & which friend might be of great help. Go for it.
    Hope, my little advice would have helped you to some extent.

Wishing you for good luck!

Thanks,
    angel23:)
  • Mar 15, 2007, 10:28 AM
    dflak
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rimmi
    Hi,

I am desperately in need of a job. I don't have much job experience & also don't know which career to pursue. I have applied for several junior level jobs but most of them ask for experiences. Please, Can anybody tell me how to get a first start? I really want to work.
    But don't know what to do? How to start? Where to start? can anybody help me with your ideas & suggestions....

Thanks,
    Rimmi

Every state has a Joblink Program. Do a Google search on "joblink" to find the center nearest you. Joblink is tax-dollar funded (for once I agree with how the Government is spending my money) and is a free service to the job seeker.

Job link will train you how to organize a job search, and has a whole host of services including personality tests to see what kinds of jobs best suit you, training on how to write a resume, sample resumes and cover letters, training on interviewing skills, and even funding for job training.

Carpe Diem!