Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Hinduism (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=424)
-   -   Difficulties in arranged marriage (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=700617)

• Sep 9, 2012, 08:24 AM
    smashy85
    Difficulties in arranged marriage
    >edited for readability<

Dear Friends,

About my background -- I am a management grad, 27 years old, male, and works at a good job making good money.

My problem is, I met a girl (and her family) for an arranged marriage. After meeting them, I spoke to her for around eight days and said yes. We are now deeply in love with each other.

Suddenly the girl's family said No because of some kundli [horoscope] problem. We have also gotten it checked and there is no problem, but her family does not agree.

I'm here in Mumbai and she is in Ghaziabad so I can't visit her again and talk with her parents to convince them.

Somebody please guide me. What can I do here?

Rahul
  • Sep 9, 2012, 08:44 AM
    Wondergirl
    Is there a yogi or other holy man who would intercede for you and offer them proof that this marriage would be a good thing?

Is the kundli the problem or maybe there is something else in their heads that makes them unhappy about this?
  • Sep 9, 2012, 08:48 AM
    smashy85
    I do not believe in all these things very deeply still I went to 2 good astrogers to ask this they siad nothing. They are OK. But her parents got the opposite. Its d only reason as I'm in touch with that grl. She even wants us to be toghtr...

[sQUOTE=Wondergirl;3264472]Is there a yogi or other holy man who would intercede for you and offer them proof that this marriage would be a good thing?

Is the kundli the problem or maybe there is something else in their heads that makes them unhappy about this?[/QUOTE]
  • Sep 9, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Wondergirl
    So her parents have more than one reading -- two different readings -- for this marriage possibility?
  • Sep 24, 2012, 08:18 AM
    loner4life
    Forget her and move on
  • Dec 11, 2012, 03:52 AM
    Silver Lining
    If the girl loves you and is interested in getting married to u, only then try to convince her parents.

Now, do you believe in Kundli? I used to, until 3 people gave 3 different opinion about my marriage with my love. One said I'l be divorced within 2 months,, 6 years of marriage and still crazily in love,, other said my dad will die within a year,, he just celebrated his 63rd b'day and is as healthy as a horse... the 3rd one said both the above, that I'l b divorced and because of that ma dad will die and I won have a kid,,
    Now, do you believe in this crap?

Ask the girl's dad to meet up with 3 other purohit and get the Kundli checked,, he'l get 3 different opinions,,
  • Dec 11, 2012, 04:23 AM
    smashy85
    Now we are ahead any astrology... we are trying to convince her mom through talks... lets see...