Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Megachurch pastor says he's going to beat off sex charges (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=511337)

• Sep 27, 2010, 10:49 AM
    NeedKarma
    Megachurch pastor says he's going to beat off sex charges
    Televangelist Eddie Long: 'I'm going to fight' sex allegations - CNN.com

Quote:

The lawsuits accuse Long of using his power and influence within the 25,000-member church to lure young male church members into sexual relationships. The suits allege that the relationships, which began when the men were in their teens, lasted over many months. READ DETAILS ABOUT THE SUITS

Long took the young men -- all of them teens at the time -- on trips, including to Kenya, according to the suits. Long allegedly paid for their hotel rooms, and gave the young men gifts, including a car, cash and jewelry -- all in exchange for sexual favors such as massaging, masturbation and oral sex.

The accusations were particularly controversial because Long, who is married, has preached passionately against homosexuality over the years.
    This all sounds so familiar it's sad.
  • Sep 27, 2010, 10:59 AM
    speechlesstx

Yep, he should have just been a Democratic politician where they celebrate their perverts.
  • Sep 27, 2010, 11:03 AM
    NeedKarma
    Hahaha! That's funny! Let's celebrate the perverts!
  • Sep 27, 2010, 11:03 AM
    tomder55

He said he has some rocks for his sling... but people in glass houses... I want to see the match box offer he filled in to become ordained .
    Is it me... or does he look like one of the 'Village People "?
  • Sep 27, 2010, 11:07 AM
    NeedKarma
    He has 25,000 followers and they are cheering for him. I guess pretty much anyone can become a priest. Got to watch out there tom-boy, you're using the "no true scotsman" logical fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.
  • Sep 27, 2010, 11:29 AM
    tomder55

And your's is sort of the reverse in that you paint with a broad brush in your implication .

I neither condemned or supported the guy... all I see are allegations .

It's an interesting thing however . Black ministers with radical theologies usually get a pass by the MSM.
  • Sep 27, 2010, 11:37 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It's an interesting thing however . Black ministers with radical theologies ususally get a pass by the MSM.

The link is to CNN dude.

Here's more:
    Bishop Eddie Long News and Video - FOX News Topics - FOXNews.com
    Under God: DC area pastors react to Eddie Long sex abuse allegations - Elizabeth Tenety
  • Sep 27, 2010, 01:48 PM
    speechlesstx

By the way, was the way you phrased your title intentional?
  • Sep 27, 2010, 02:56 PM
    NeedKarma
    Yes. :D
  • Sep 27, 2010, 05:58 PM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It's an interesting thing however . Black ministers with radical theologies ususally get a pass by the MSM.

Hello again, tom:

Yeah, like Farrakhan does. Dude, you're getting tea partier every day.

excon
  • Sep 27, 2010, 06:42 PM
    tomder55

Yes Screwy Louie ,and Revs Wright, Jackson ,and Sharpton.
  • Oct 1, 2010, 07:29 PM
    bleusong52
    I want to see just how long his wife stands by him once this all hits the courts and media.