Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Television (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   Fav TV shows (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=135270)

• Sep 29, 2007, 04:22 PM
    softbalgrl1331
    Fav TV shows
    [F]Heya. I was just wondering- what are your favorite TV shows or they were your favorite but got cancelled? Laters :rolleyes:
  • Sep 29, 2007, 07:01 PM
    KBC
    La Femme Nikita with Peta Wilson/ cancelled.:(

Eureka Sci-Fi channel/ still running.:)

CSI the original from vegas./still in reruns and running:)
  • Sep 29, 2007, 07:04 PM
    GlindaofOz
    Everything I love they cancel. I loved Action with Jay Mohr, Mystery Science Theater 3000. Newer shows I love Family Guy, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Office & Heroes.
  • Oct 2, 2007, 03:25 PM
    AquaLiz
    Shows that I like are pretty much doomed to cancellation. LOL!
    8 Simple Rules, My Wife and Kids, Another World (soap from the '90s brought back to Soapnet channel and cancelled AGAIN)... the list goes on.

As for my favorite shows now, I liked Big Brother, (over until next summer), and that's really the only thing I watched aside from the classics like I Love Lucy and Mister Ed. So yeah, I don't watch TV much. :p
  • Oct 2, 2007, 03:29 PM
    sGt HarDKorE
    Weeds is my favorite TV series, and the new season is coming out,

Then there is:

Family Guy
    Seinfield
  • Oct 2, 2007, 03:30 PM
    albear
    My favourites: Lost (eagerly anticipating new season), heroes (yey new season started), dexter (waiting for somebody to put new season on tv-links so I can watch it), and Full Metal Alchemist (finished awwwww)
  • Oct 2, 2007, 04:20 PM
    eris8656
    La femme nikita (cancelled)
    Dark angel (cancelled)
    Veronica mars (cancelled)
    The Lost World (cancelled)
  • Oct 2, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Emland
    Firefly (cancelled)
    Battle Star Galactica - coming back in January
    Heroes
    What Not to Wear
    America's Next Top Model
    Biggest Loser
  • Oct 2, 2007, 05:45 PM
    worthbeads
    Futurama stopped making episodes, which is stupid because it was good show. I also like The Simpsons but they stopped making episodes after their movie, despite the fact that they are into a new season! Yeah, sure, they have no ideas left, but can you imagine a world without new Simpsons episodes?
  • Oct 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
    eris8656
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Emland
    Firefly (cancelled)
    Battle Star Galactica - coming back in January
    Heroes
    What Not to Wear
    America's Next Top Model
    Biggest Loser

Ooh, I forgot to mention Firefly I loved that series!
  • Oct 2, 2007, 08:41 PM
    jessb
    Well I watch more movies then t.v but...

Scrubs- I just started watching the reruns about two months ago, and I never knew it was so funny!! I got to get the box sets!
    Futurama- I agree that was a good one
    Real world- I've watched it from the very beging back in the 90's when it was eric and heather b. even though its gotten worse every year, I still have to watch it cause its so stupid.
    Other then that I liked a lot of the old shows from the 80s-90s.
  • Oct 2, 2007, 08:44 PM
    jessb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eris8656
    La femme nikita (cancelled)
    Dark angel (cancelled)
    veronica mars (cancelled)
    The Lost World (cancelled)

Was la femme nikita the animated one that aired on, I think mtv? If so that was good:)
  • Oct 2, 2007, 09:47 PM
    eris8656
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jessb
    was la femme nikita the animated one that aired on, i think mtv? if so that was good:)

I think you are thinking of aeon flux

That reminds me I used to love the show Daria which was on MTV
  • Oct 3, 2007, 12:13 AM
    jessb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eris8656
    I think you are thinking of aeon flux

That reminds me I used to love the show Daria which was on MTV

Oh yea.. thats right.:)... daria, that's was a good one too. I work with a lady with the same name.:)
  • Oct 7, 2007, 06:36 PM
    retsoksirhc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Futurama stopped making episodes, which is stupid because it was good show. I also like The Simpsons but they stopped making episodes after their movie, despite the fact that they are into a new season! Yeah, sure, they have no ideas left, but can you imagine a world without new Simpsons episodes?!

Actually, I heard they were coming out with four movies kind of like what family guy did with Stewie Griffen: The Untold story. Apparently, each movie is basically going to be four episodes. I'm not sure what my source was on that, it was on Digg or Slashdot a month of so ago.

My favorites:
    Futurama (Cancelled)
    Simpsons (Episodes keep getting worse, but it's to be expected... theres no plots left)
    God, The Devil, and Bob (aired for I think 2 episodes, then cancelled. I have the entire season on DVD, since they only made one season)

And I feel so old when I say this... Diagnosis Murder. Yeah...
  • Oct 7, 2007, 07:29 PM
    shygrneyzs
    Favorite TV shows? 24, Numbers, Seinfeld, Murphy Brown, Gunsmoke (are old series okay to mention? Lol), loved Diagnosis Murder, Picket Fences, Seventh Heaven, Reba, all the Law & Orders.
  • Oct 7, 2007, 07:30 PM
    sGt HarDKorE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by retsoksirhc
    Actually, I heard they were coming out with four movies kinda like what family guy did with Stewie Griffen: The Untold story. Apparently, each movie is basically going to be four episodes. I'm not sure what my source was on that, it was on Digg or Slashdot a month of so ago.

My favorites:
    Futurama (Cancelled)
    Simpsons (Episodes keep getting worse, but it's to be expected...theres no plots left)
    God, The Devil, and Bob (aired for I think 2 episodes, then cancelled. I have the entire season on DVD, since they only made one season)

And I feel so old when I say this....Diagnosis Murder. Yeah...

Lol I use to watch diagnosis murder with my parents along time ago. Wasn't that the doctor who had a son as a cop? I use to watch that and maguiver or w/e with my parents
  • Oct 8, 2007, 09:46 PM
    retsoksirhc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    Lol i use to watch diagnosis murder with my parents along time ago. Wasnt that the doctor who had a son as a cop? I use to watch that and maguiver or w/e with my parents

Hehe, yeah. What can I say, murder mysteries are awesome.

I forgot to mention Stargate SG1, and Penn and Teller: Bullsheite as my favorites.
  • Oct 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
    gallivant_fellow
    Frasier
    The Sopranos
    Real Time with Bill Maher
    The Daily Show
    The Colbert Report

And of course, the old SNL with Farley, Sandler, Spade, etc.
  • Nov 4, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Stringer
    I have always been a Sci Fi fan:

Star trek, all of the different series

Lost, Eureka, Star Gate (both series-although I liked Jack in the original)

Annnnnnnnnnd---------House (bit of a bastard but good show)

Sorry... (Eureka)