Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Ethics (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Accidentally saw a nurse-patient sexual encounter... what should I do? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=623865)

• Jan 1, 2012, 10:05 AM
    pies1992
    Accidentally saw a nurse-patient sexual encounter... what should I do?
    OMG I can't believe what just happened, I was at the hospital sleeping and was in a room now in each room there are like 4 beds so 4 patients in the room inclued myself as well and in each room there is 1 toilet or bathroom whatever you want to call it. I woke up around 3am and I really needed to go to the toilet I was busting like hell. So I got out of my bed and made my way to the toilet I could tell that someone was in the toilet so I was waiting and waiting for some time approximately 30 minutes. To my surprise I didn't realise that 1 person in my room was missing and I just had this gut feeling that something wasn't right. Finally I couldn't take it any longer and open the toilet door and to my surprise I saw a nurse having sexual intercourse with a patient in my room awww man I think I had a heart attack when I saw what happen and I think I also wet my pants as well lol. I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the door and they saw me and they told me to get out get out and shut the door. I felt so disturbed after that moment and shut the door and went into another room to use there toilets when I finished and came back they were still in there. So I went back into bed and tried to forget about it but it keeps replaying in my mind. I don't what to do complain but if I complain I don't think they will believe and the nurse might bring up some excuses so any got and idea what I should do?
  • Jan 1, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    So you report it to the hospital,or do you want your turn tonight? So what do you really to do?
  • Jan 1, 2012, 10:39 AM
    joypulv
    You go out to the desk and say you want to talk to the Nursing Administrator, and when you do, do it out of earshot of anyone, or put it in writing.
  • Mar 1, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Question_All
    Why do you want to tell anyone? It's their business(Two consenting adults)
  • Mar 1, 2012, 01:22 PM
    odinn7
    Quote:

Why do you want to tell anyone? It's their business(Two consenting adults)
    It's not a matter of it being 2 consenting adults... it's a patient in a hospital and a nurse. Very unprofessional at the very least and surely against the rules... and I have no idea what laws.

So you see? "Consenting adults" doesn't fit in here.
  • Mar 1, 2012, 01:54 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Question_All View Post
    Why do you want to tell anyone? Its their business(Two consenting adults)

To start with it's unethical and possibly illegal. I would put this in the same category as a teacher and student.

Sex between a patient and caretaker in a working relationship is inappropriate.