Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Genealogy (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Greek family history -- Ammos, Greece (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=17176)

• Jan 5, 2006, 05:28 PM
    JBourne
    Greek family history -- Ammos, Greece
    Hi, I am doing family history research. I need to identify the municipality or location of municipal offices for the village of Baliaga, also known as Ammos, in Greece. The closest large city to Ammos is Kalamata

Thanks!
  • Mar 1, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Stathopulos
    Well. If you go to Athens take a left at Corinth, head down to Napthio and take a right up the hill to Tripoli. From there go to the main highway south and hit Kalamata in about 4 hours. Stay at the Hotel Rex and then go west around the end of the airport. You will get to Ammos and see a great old village. Up through the olive grove is the Grave of Stathopulos. You will love it.
  • Apr 26, 2006, 01:37 PM
    aris
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JBourne
    Hi, I am doing family history research. I need to identify the municipality or location of municipal offices for the village of Baliaga, also known as Ammos, in Greece. The closest large city to Ammos is Kalamata

thanks!

Hi! I just became a member of this group and I saw your post. I am from ARIS, a village next to Ammos. Actually Aris is the seat of the Municipality of ARIS wich comprises the villages of AMMOS, ARIOHORI, ASPROPOULIA, ALONIA, ANEMOMYLOS ens ARIS.
    For more visit the following web page

Aris Kalamatas

Have a great day:)
  • Apr 26, 2006, 10:59 PM
    JBourne
    Hello!
    It was great to hear from you! I would love to ask you some questions about your village. I am visiting Ammos in May. How far is it from Kalamata? I hope to find the registry of Greek males that lists my grandfather or any other records. Would I find that in Aris?

Thanks for any information you can provide!
  • Mar 1, 2009, 10:05 AM
    vasilios g
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JBourne View Post
    Hello!
    It was great to hear from you! I would love to ask you some questions about your village. I am visiting Ammos in May. How far is it from Kalamata? I hope to find the registry of Greek males that lists my grandfather or any other records. Would I find that in Aris?

thanks for any information you can provide!

Hi ammos is 14 km from kalamata north from the airport when you get to ammos ask an
    Ayyone that you see on the street and they will tell you anything that you ask them
    By the way I am from Ammos email me for more info
  • Mar 2, 2010, 11:27 PM
    Rettabop

My father was adopted from Athen, Greece. His mothers name is on his adoption papers, how can my father locate his mother?
  • Jan 30, 2011, 01:17 PM
    geosop
    Comment on aris's post
    I am doing research about my Greek family heritage and my grandfather was from the village of Aris. What can you tell me about the village? Thanks