Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   Horse diving movie? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=85681)

• Apr 24, 2007, 03:26 AM
    vader85
    Horse diving movie?
    Anyone know the name of this movie?

All I remember is that this girl/woman? Rides a horse up onto diving platforms and then rides off the end and into a pool.but one of the dives goes bad and she gets paralyzed or blind or something, I think blind because I remember she puts two different colored socks on at one point and someone says something to her about it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)
  • Apr 24, 2007, 04:01 AM
    tickle
    The movie was "They Shoot Horses, Dont They?"
  • Apr 24, 2007, 04:26 AM
    vader85
    Nope :( that's not it...

Thanks though, that movie actually looks really interesting :)
  • Apr 24, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Tuscany
    Wild Hearts Can't be Broken.
    She rides a grey horse and together they jump off a diving platform. During one of the dives something goes wrong and she hits the water wrong and becomes blind. It is a GREAT movie.
  • Apr 24, 2007, 11:34 AM
    aussiechic402
    Yeah its wild hearts can't be broken. I used to watch that. My most vivid memory of that movie is in the beginning when she cuts a lot of her hair off and leaves home.
  • Apr 24, 2007, 11:35 AM
    alkalineangel
    I agree... my fave movie growing up... you know young girls and horses just go hand in hand...
  • Apr 24, 2007, 06:07 PM
    vader85
    That's it! Thank you SOOOOO much everyone!
  • Apr 25, 2007, 03:11 PM
    missa8324
    I've always loved this movie! I remember the first time I ever watched it, and I just cried because of how she became blind and also of how wonderful it was to see someone that strong, and not wanting to give up! It's a classic in my eyes, even though it's not that old of a movie! I recommend it to anyone... it's SO worth seeing! :)
  • Apr 26, 2007, 04:24 AM
    Tuscany
    I just love any horse movie.
    But my absolute favorite is National Velvet and International Velvet.
    Those are oldies but goodies.
  • Apr 26, 2007, 05:08 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    ... you know young girls and horses just go hand in hand...

Horses don't have hands, they have hoofs! So they go hand in hoof! He he he! :p

Unless of course you were talking about the height of a horse as a clever play on words! :confused: :D
  • Apr 27, 2007, 12:46 PM
    akline
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vader85
    anyone know the name of this movie?

All I remember is that this girl/woman? rides a horse up onto diving platforms and then rides off the end and into a pool.but one of the dives goes bad and she gets paralyzed or blind or something, I think blind because I remember she puts two different colored socks on at one point and someone says something to her about it.

Any ideas?

The Movie is called Wild Hearts Can't be Broken. Gabrielle Anwar starred. It was a true story based on the Horse Diving Show at the old Steel pier in Atlantic City, NJ
  • Apr 28, 2007, 12:09 PM
    mustangchristy77
    Quote:

All I remember is that this girl/woman? rides a horse up onto diving platforms and then rides off the end and into a pool.but one of the dives goes bad and she gets paralyzed or blind or something, I think blind because I remember she puts two different colored socks on at one point and someone says something to her about it.

Any ideas?

I think the movie is untamed heart... hope this helps.
  • Apr 29, 2007, 10:19 AM
    missa8324
    It's not Untamed Heart, it's Wild Hearts Can't be Broken.
    Untamed Heart is about a woman who works at a diner, and one day she's about to be raped by 2 guys and this guy who's the busboy at her work rescues her and they fall in love. He also says he has a baboon's heart, and he later has complications with his heart. It's got Christian Slater and Marisa Tomei in it, and it's VERY good! :)
  • Jan 21, 2008, 08:07 PM
    justus_04
    Quote:

Any ideas?

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken