Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   So is this board officially dead? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=850945)

• Sep 9, 2023, 08:51 AM
    jlisenbe
    So is this board officially dead?
    Time for the funeral?
  • Sep 9, 2023, 09:19 AM
    Curlyben
    That was years back, we're just the hangers on that don't have homes to go to.
  • Sep 9, 2023, 10:31 AM
    jlisenbe
    Rather sad. It does seem that quite a few people still use it as a reference, but very little discussion.
  • Sep 11, 2023, 01:04 PM
    Wondergirl
    Let's do some marketing!!!
  • Sep 11, 2023, 01:17 PM
    Curlyben
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Let's do somme marketing!!!

Crack on.
  • Sep 11, 2023, 02:01 PM
    teacherjenn4
    This used to be my busy time with parents complaining about teachers or worrying about their children at school. Not anymore.
  • Sep 11, 2023, 02:17 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Crack on.

Does that mean, "Do it???"

I'm a member of Quora. That site is bursting with questions, some of which never get answered. What are we lacking here? How can we market ourselves/this site in the very best way?
  • Sep 11, 2023, 02:19 PM
    Curlyben
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Does that mean, "Do it???"

I'm a member of Quora. That site is bursting with questions, some of which never get answered.

That would be part of a registered trademark, so Brit twist on it....Yep
  • Sep 11, 2023, 02:32 PM
    Wondergirl
    A recent Quora question was: "Is death by guillotine painless?" And, "Which famous person do people say you look like?"

Yes, we want to have fun when answering questions, but we also want to add to others' knowledge base (so they have the opportunity to be a contestant on Jeopardy?).
  • Sep 11, 2023, 02:43 PM
    Wondergirl
    One idea: Simplify the main board?
  • Sep 11, 2023, 02:48 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    This used to be my busy time with parents complaining about teachers or worrying about their children at school. Not anymore.

And now the new worry for teachers is ChatGPT and other AI software.

(Hey! Possible category for AMHD!!!)
  • Sep 11, 2023, 04:27 PM
    jlisenbe
    Wonder what happened to Tom?
  • Sep 11, 2023, 04:49 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Wonder what happened to Tom?

He didn't message you? Weird! (Your amhd mailbox is full and is rejecting my messages...and Tom's too?)
  • Sep 11, 2023, 07:13 PM
    jlisenbe
    He has not messaged. Sorry about the mailbox. I emptied much of it so it should be OK now.
  • Sep 11, 2023, 08:56 PM
    Wondergirl
    If he messaged you while the box was full, you wouldn't know.
  • Sep 12, 2023, 03:20 AM
    tomder55
    Clearly administration is not concerned about the board Whatever the purpose of the site was has been accomplished . This site will not live or die by my contributions alone and sometimes I have more important things to do than post observations few see and fewer bother to respond. What I don't understand is why this site has not been shut down yet . Management doesn't care if it comes or goes.
  • Sep 12, 2023, 07:46 AM
    jlisenbe
    I think the faithful few of the past several years have, in many cases, died off or just decided to go elsewhere. I find that very few people want to have their thinking challenged, preferring instead to speak with those who agree with their views.
  • Sep 12, 2023, 08:04 AM
    tomder55
    I owners wanted this site to work they could make it happen. My only conclusion is that whatever they wanted from it like testing application or what not has been done . Theyt just forgot to pull the plug
  • Sep 12, 2023, 09:23 AM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I think the faithful few of the past several years have, in many cases, died off or just decided to go elsewhere. I find that very few people want to have their thinking challenged, preferring instead to speak with those who agree with their views.

Plus, members have aged and, because of that, lives have changed. They've retired, moved to warmer climes, become open to activities that they didn't have time for when working, become grandparents, and on and on -- with AMHD falling to the bottom of the list of things to do.
  • Sep 12, 2023, 11:31 AM
    tomder55
    yeah I will not sacrifice my pickleball time to this site.