Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Jokes (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=385)
-   -   Biblical riddle (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=61036)

• Feb 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
    sumigirl
    Biblical riddle
    Using 2 letters twice, and four only once, tell me how, in two words, to obtain mercy.

Hint: two words total of 8 letters
  • Feb 7, 2007, 05:18 PM
    addy
    Forgive? Please tell me what the answer is even is I get it wrong.
  • Feb 11, 2007, 03:26 PM
    worthbeads
    Quote:

Originally Posted by addy
    forgive??Please tell me wat the answer is even is I get it wrong.

Did you even read all of the riddle? It is two words and two letters are repeated.
  • Feb 11, 2007, 05:30 PM
    addy
    Gee, sorry to have disturbed you by my guess! I thought America was a free country and the Freedom of Speech counted here, but I guess not! Geez
  • Feb 11, 2007, 08:22 PM
    worthbeads
    You could have at least tried. I mean if you would have rechecked the question you should have clearly seen that your answer is wrong.
  • Feb 11, 2007, 08:26 PM
    JoeCanada76
    I give up, I did try within my head. I am not thinking straight tonight. Please reveal the answer.

Please !

Joe
  • Feb 12, 2007, 04:49 PM
    addy
    Okay,this isn't a life or death situation.Riddles are supposed to be fun.As long as you have fun then your OK, sorry I didn't give it my all by using every spare minute of my time to think about the riddle.Sum of us have lives with other humans
  • Feb 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
    addy
    Oh and thank you Jesushelper, forgivness is important
  • Feb 12, 2007, 05:06 PM
    JoeCanada76
    Yes, it is. (;

It is important to have fun too. I really really want to know the answer. (; But the poster disappeared with the answer and will not reveal it.

How mean. );
  • Feb 12, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Nosnosna
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sumigirl
    Using 2 letters twice, and four only once, tell me how, in two words, to obtain mercy.

Pray hard?
  • Feb 12, 2007, 05:12 PM
    JoeCanada76
    That is a good one!
  • Feb 12, 2007, 06:41 PM
    l99057j
    I've seen this one before, but didn't want to put the answer too quickly and ruin it.

THE BIBLE

Although nosnosna's answer seems just as good.
  • Feb 12, 2007, 07:40 PM
    sumigirl
    Quote:

Hint #2: On the subject of mercy there is one particular Beatitude, found in the 5th or 6th chapter of Matthiew, as I recall, that holds the key. If one knew that Beatitude, and followed it, then one possible solution to the riddle might be: Only Obey. However, the real solution requires no such prior knowledge.

This will serve, however, to give you an example: The 'O' is used twice. The 'y' is used twice. The n, the l, the b, and the e are all used only once. Total of 8 letters, total ofTwo words.
  • Feb 13, 2007, 12:48 PM
    worthbeads
    Quote:

Originally Posted by addy
    Okay,this isnt a life or death situation.Riddles are supposed to be fun.As long as you have fun then your ok, sorry I didnt give it my all by using every spare minute of my time to think about the riddle.Sum of us have lives with other humans

What the hell are you talking about? It took my 2 seconds to figure out you were wrong!
  • Feb 13, 2007, 02:29 PM
    JoeCanada76
    Easy does it now. Simmer down.

Joe
  • Feb 13, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Synnen
    I still like Nos's answer, but how about this one?

Give Love.
  • Feb 13, 2007, 06:48 PM
    addy
    I like your answer.worthbeads, sorry to have offended you, OK! Its just a riddle!! Your griping me out over a [I][B]riddle[I][B\]!! A riddle! Its good that you can figure out a riddle within 2 seconds! Not all of us are geniuses! Its like you have OCD over if sum1 posts an answer that is completely wrong.

Do me a favor,see a shrink, because your totally overeacting over a small thing.

Its like I always say,
    If you can't get over the little things in life there is no way you can you can get over the big things.

Don't want to fight, but will if necessary.
  • Feb 13, 2007, 07:42 PM
    sumigirl
    Quote:

Ok so far all the answers have been good "BUT" Nope, not yet. For instance the answer The Bible Even though it does fit the criteria: Using two letters twice... this uses two letters twice -- the "E" and the B.
    And 4 once, and in two words. But like Only Obey, it doesn't 't give a direct answer.

Nice try though. Very nice. But no, it's not The Answer, When you know it, you will agree. It is one of those riddles that it is so easy it is hard.

Keep trying.
  • Feb 13, 2007, 07:55 PM
    talaniman
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh!!
  • Feb 13, 2007, 08:26 PM
    worthbeads
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh!!!

Ahhh what?:confused: