Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cyberculture (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Don't give him your personal info! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=134226)

• Sep 26, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Marzapan741
    Don't give him your personal info!
    Okay, so.

I understand why tis bad to give out your address, last name, house phone number to some creep you just met online but what's so bad about a Cellphone number?

No way you can track me with that.

Right ?

::Not that I do go around given some internet creeps my nubmer but it's a general question out of thought xD"
  • Sep 26, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Melinda65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    Okay, so.

I understand why tis bad to give out your adress, last name, house phone number to some creep you just met online but whats so bad about a Cellphone number?

no way you can track me with that.

Right ?

::Not that I do go around given some internet creeps my nubmer but its a general question out of thought xD"

If you don't think he is a creep then cell phone should be good.. and all isn't creep's on the net.. The Man I have been dating for over 2 years now I met him in a chat room and believe me I am soooooooooooo Happy I messaged him.. SO If you feel good about it go for it..
  • Sep 26, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Marzapan741
    Oh haha, I have nothing agiansnt that. My boyfriend that I have been with for almost a year , who I love with all of my heart, I actually met him over Myspace and then later when school started we found out we go in the same school<3.

But I only asked because I always hear people "Never give out your number" But I never saw how a Cell phone was a threat. Cause like my Away message on AIm is my phone number.

Hahaha its ironic how you find love in the weirdest place eh?

Ty for answer though.
  • Sep 27, 2007, 02:22 PM
    caibuadday
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    Okay, so.

I understand why tis bad to give out your adress, last name, house phone number to some creep you just met online but whats so bad about a Cellphone number?

no way you can track me with that.

Right ?

::Not that I do go around given some internet creeps my nubmer but its a general question out of thought xD"

There is a company that sell cellphone information,including address attached to the phone
  • Sep 27, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Marzapan741
    Then ill make a mental note to myself not to join that service
  • Sep 27, 2007, 05:37 PM
    caibuadday
    That not it... if he have the number, he could find out who own the phone and where its bill is send to
  • Sep 27, 2007, 05:39 PM
    shygrneyzs
    The police can track a cell phone, so can someone who would do that for ill means.
  • Sep 27, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Marzapan741
    Ohhhhhhhhhh I seeeeee. Yea I remember that. I wish Cell phones can track down a blacked number.
    I hate when someone calls me on a blocked number and if I don't pick up the phone I never know who it is!
  • Sep 27, 2007, 10:28 PM
    atmisk
    Some people can trace your personal info for just 20 dollars. There's one site I know through verizon but that's just address and phone number and not sure what else.
  • Sep 28, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Marzapan741
    Yea, that's how I got your number.
  • Nov 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
    kiki_doki
    Everything is traceable, I wouldn't give out my number just in case... In the uk we have pay and go mobiles... dont know whether you have them there but they are safe to give out as you just buy a chip (and put it into your phone) and you don't have to exchange any information when doing this!
  • Nov 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
    atmisk
    We have those

My parents used to own one back in my old house