Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Gardening & Plants (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Trying to locate "artificial flagstone" for purchase. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=25479)

• Apr 30, 2006, 03:57 PM
    badnews
    Trying to locate "artificial flagstone" for purchase.
    Hey there,
    Trying to find out where I can locate and purchase a pre-made flagstone type paver. I had seen a show on one of those cable home improvement channels and I can't seem to find what they were using. The product if anyone is familiar with it is "flagstone" type flat stones with a few of them attached onto a mesh backing, so that they may be laid out in sheets, and trimmed up as needed for design and such. Then they are back filled in with sand as a grout and then their good to go. If anyone is familiar if they are available to the public and where to get them I would grealty appreciate it, I live in Connecticut and having a tough time locating them. Doesn't seem that the "CHAIN BOXES" carry them.
    Thanks, Badnews
  • May 6, 2006, 09:12 PM
    Stormy69
    Home Depot ( at least in my town) carries them. If they don't have it in stock they will order it for you
  • May 16, 2006, 03:21 PM
    DAVE231
    There is a place in Canton, Connecticut that carries manufactured flagstone, and just about any other kind of pavers. The name is St. Pierre Box and Lumber Company. Give them a call if you don't live nearby to make sure they have what you are looking for. Also try Sanford and Hawley in Unionville.
  • Mar 9, 2007, 07:34 PM
    CTP
    I posted a similar question - have you had any luck - I am looking in the Nashville, TN area.
    The HGTV website listed Jeff Olmstead at 925-736-7600 as a resource.
  • Oct 28, 2007, 04:52 PM
    1draft2006
    Quote:

Originally Posted by badnews
    hey there,
    trying to find out where i can locate and purchase a pre-made flagstone type paver. i had seen a show on one of those cable home improvment channels and i can't seem to find what they were using. the product if anyone is familiar with it is "flagstone" type flat stones with a few of them attached onto a mesh backing, so that they may be layed out in sheets, and trimmed up as needed for design and such. then they are back filled in with sand as a grout and then their good to go. if anyone is familiar if they are available to the public and where to get them i would grealty appreciate it, i live in Connecticut and having a tough time locating them. doesn't seem that the "CHAIN BOXES" carry them.
    Thanks, Badnews

I live in Texas and the only place I have been able to find them is at Throntree Slate and Marble in Houston, Tx. You can go on the internet and click under products and then specialty items. They should come up.
  • Oct 28, 2007, 04:55 PM
    1draft2006
    Real Stone, U.S.
    560 Kirts Blvd, Ste.120
    Troy, MI 48084
    Tele. 248-614-6613
    Carries Flagstone on mesh backing or flagstone mats