Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Heating & Air Conditioning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Troubleshooting luxaire heating and air (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=289073)

• Dec 6, 2008, 11:30 AM
    shezee
    Troubleshooting luxaire heating and air
    Our furnace will not come on all the time. When it does it makes a humming sound outside and nothing happens. We tried changing the thermostat,but, that doesn't work. If by some small chance that it does come on with warm air it won't last long. Can you give me something to try. I can't afford a new furnace right now.:confused::(
  • Dec 6, 2008, 12:27 PM
    wmproop

(quote)When it does it makes a humming sound outside and nothing happens

YOU SAY OUTSIDE,are you talking about a package heat/air where everything sits outside? Or have you got a heatpump that's not starting up,, tell us more info so we can help,, do more go outside and try and pinpoint exactly where the humming is coming from. If it a heatpump could be a contacter, maybe a capictor,, we need more info
  • Jan 25, 2010, 05:42 PM
    tromar
    The thermostat clicks on the pilot, the pilot lights up, won't lite the rest of the burners... and goes click, click, click... and now we have no heat
  • Jan 25, 2010, 05:53 PM
    Justin Orr

Does the fan turn on, can you feel cold air blowing out of your vents?

Where you see the pilot light, is it burning onto a little rod? If so, that's a flame sensor and it won't allow the gas valve to open if it doesn't detect a pilot flame is ready. It might be dirty, its common that over time they need a cleanin'
  • Jan 25, 2010, 06:01 PM
    tromar

Fan does not turn on and were vaccuming it out now
  • Jan 26, 2010, 03:59 PM
    Justin Orr

I'm glad you're vacuuming up but what I meant is that little sensor may be dirty. Its very sensitive. Can you tell if it looks charred or dirty?
  • May 2, 2010, 07:26 AM
    bradsmith6
    I recently bought my home a few months ago. I am turning my AC Luxaire unit on for the first time. Air is coming out of the vents (but not cold air) and the outside unit it working. I turned down my thermostat to 70 degrees and just air (not cold air) is blowing out. What can I do?
  • May 2, 2010, 07:27 AM
    bradsmith6

I recently bought my home a few months ago. I am turning on my AC Luxaire unit for the first time. Normal air is blowing out of the vents. I turned the thermostat down to 70 degrees on Cool and checked the outside unit to see if it was running (it works). Air (not cold) is blowing. How can I fix?
  • Dec 5, 2010, 08:35 AM
    kwoods73
    I have an older luxaire furnace maybe 10 plus years, the fan turns on sometimes it will blow heat but most times it comes on blows cold air and stays on for a while most of the time we have to turn the switch to off to shut off the blower, when watching the flame through the window on the furnace it will light up, flame will come on temporarily then goes right out, at times the flame will stay on and heat will blow out what could be causing this?
  • Jan 15, 2013, 08:58 AM
    chuck s 13
    Have a luxaire heating & air conditioning unit model #php042h1321a the exterior fan does not come on but blower fan blowing air we are getting no heat any ideas on what problem could be
  • Jul 15, 2013, 09:57 AM
    jr hot
    We have a Luxaire AC unit and the when turned air comes from the vents but cold only for a short bit. The fan motor for the unit doesn't come on it had been hot so I replaced the motor but same problem the fanmotor for the unit still doesn't come on. Any ideas what to do next?
  • Jul 15, 2013, 11:43 AM
    wmproop
    Did u replace the capacitor with a new one to match the new motor?
  • Jul 15, 2013, 11:49 AM
    Joshdta
    The outside fan motor or the blower motor in the furnace??