Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Desktops (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=427)
-   -   Is this a ridiculous request? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=18356)

• Jan 20, 2006, 11:13 PM
    tenaj
    Is this a ridiculous request?
    :confused: Hello, Tenaj again. I bought a new computer XP Media center edition moved up from Windows 2000. Is is possible for me to burn Front Page from my old computer to CD and install it on my new. I bought the old computer from someone who runs an ad in our local newspaper that rebuild computers and MO2000 was loaded on it. I don't have the CD. I only paid $175 for it.

I have the CD for MO97 when I ran 98 years ago but it doesn't come with Front Page. I want to learn to build a website.

The reason I had to get a new computer is because the top half of the screen was black with a bright line light at the base of the top. When I turn it off for a few hours it goes away.

So is it ridiculous for me to think that I can burn MO2000 to CD and re-load it on my new computer. I might be able to call her to get the key.

Tenaj
  • Jan 21, 2006, 01:50 AM
    manutd4eva
    I doubt you would be able too unless you had the original setup files because copying c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ would not copy you the registry. Also this is the introduction forum. If you post within this part of the forum you may get a better response

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 then choose a sub catogery and click new question.
  • Jan 21, 2006, 03:32 AM
    SHAVED
    Ms Office
    Hi,
    I think manutd4eva is right. It will not be possible to copy the set up files of Microsoft Office. You should try to get the installation CD of Microsoft 2000.
    However to get more precise answers post your question in the right forum.
  • Jan 21, 2006, 08:49 AM
    tenaj
    Thank you ManUtd4Eva.
  • Jan 21, 2006, 08:52 AM
    tenaj
    Thank you Shaved. I need to got to the how to section and learn to post in the right forum. LOL
  • Jan 21, 2006, 04:56 PM
    ScottGem
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tenaj
    :confused: Hello, Tenaj again. I bought a new computer XP Media center edition moved up from Windows 2000. Is is possible for me to burn Front Page from my old computer to CD and install it on my new. I bought the old computer from someone who runs an ad in our local newspaper that rebuild computers and MO2000 was loaded on it. I don't have the CD. I only paid $175 for it.

I have the CD for MO97 when I ran 98 years ago but it doesn't come with Front Page. I want to learn to build a website.

The reason I had to get a new computer is because the top half of the screen was black with a bright line light at the base of the top. When I turn it off for a few hours it goes away.

So is it ridiculous for me to think that I can burn MO2000 to CD and re-load it on my new computer. I might be able to call her to get the key.

Tenaj

First you cannot make install CDs or copy an program installation from PC to CD. Install routines make too many changes to your systems.

Second, Yes you do need to learn how to use this site. I'm just curious as to what you think all those different categories are for? Isn't it obvious that each of those categories represent a topic of question.

Third, If you want to try and transfer programs and settings from one PC to another you can try the File And Transfer Settings Wizard in XP.
  • Feb 7, 2006, 04:36 PM
    iamarcin
    You can try to remove the hard drive and hook it up to the new PC so that you can use the program anyway.
  • Feb 7, 2006, 04:41 PM
    tenaj
    Thanks anyway iamarcin it fixed.
  • Feb 10, 2006, 08:03 PM
    geraldask
    You can not burn that program from the HD.

Geraldask
  • Feb 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
    tenaj
    It's all done Geraldask. Thank you. I had to change the registry.
  • Feb 11, 2006, 09:12 AM
    geraldask
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tenaj
    It's all done Geraldask. Thank you. I had to change the registry.

You mean you copied the software to a CD. That's a first for me. Please explain how that's done (if you don't mind)
  • Feb 11, 2006, 12:07 PM
    tenaj
    No, I didn't. I networked my computers together.