Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Medical Conditions & Diseases (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Sickly husband (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=787320)

• Mar 20, 2014, 07:09 AM
    Sickly husband
    My husband woke up at midnight Wednesday complaining he was nauseated and had reflux so he takes some pepto and a zantac and I gave him a promethazine. I decided to come to the couch just in the case he had a virus because I am terrified of being sick ill take colds any day. He stayed in the bedroom and would only come out to use the bathroom and get something to drink. Around 1:30 he started vomiting three times I a row then had diarrhea maybe 4 times but nothing to watery. So I immediately grab the lysol and I mix some bleach and water and just start spraying he poured bleach in the toilet then went back to bed. I slept on and off and at 7 he gets up and takes his temp 100.5 was 94 and started complaining his body hurt so he got in the shower and I took him to the dr and had a flu test done. Flu test negative. So sent home with zofran. I went and got more lysol and some lysol to use on the counter tops. I clean every handle light switch toilet and throwed my toothbrush away. So its Thursday and he is feeling better and eating crackers and still staying in the bedroom. Since my phobia of being sick I need to know if I'm in the all clear of getting it. Help
  • Mar 20, 2014, 06:01 PM
    Alty
    There's no way to know if you'll get it or not, you'll have to do what everyone else does, and that's wait and see. You certainly took every precaution, and then some, to avoid catching whatever he had. Sadly, it's cold and flu season, so unless you put yourself in a bubble, there's no way to completely safeguard yourself from getting sick.

Make sure you eat healthy, take your vitamins (especially vitamin C, but no more than the recommended dose) and wash your hands, or use hand sanitizer, when in areas with a lot of other people. But other than that, there's very little you can do, other than the bubble idea.

Good luck.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 06:04 PM
    DoulaLC
    Unfortunately you will just have to wait and see. If he had a stomach virus, which sounds like a good possibility, you would have already been exposed when he started feeling poorly. Even though he is feeling better, he can still be contagious for awhile longer. Much depends on the virus that caused him to be ill. The best thing both of you can do is to wash your hands regularly over the next week or so, which is obviously a good practice at any time.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 07:45 PM
    Thanks. Its been 44 hours since he last got sick and 36 since diarrhea. He has ate soup and done fine. Still sleeping on the couch for another night. Ive read that someone can still be contagious after 2 weeks and they become ill "from their husband and child that had it 2 weeks ago" not sure what to believe some say that if I was going to get it I would have already since it comes quick and leaves quick. I probably should Google so much but I'm paranoid and have a fear of getting sick. Thanks again guys