Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Money & Services (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Income requirements for visitor from Ghana (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=720620)

• Dec 3, 2012, 06:48 PM
    samrainy
    Income requirements for visitor from Ghana
    Someone requesting a visitor from Ghana to Usa, do they need to provide income to have this person visit so this person does not become a burdon to the American government while here , and if so what are the requirements of income ?
  • Dec 3, 2012, 06:57 PM
    Wondergirl
    Apparently you are a victim of the famous Ghana romance scam. We strongly recommend you travel to Ghana to meet her and her family before you commit to anything, especially money.
  • Dec 4, 2012, 01:34 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    No, there is no requirement for a BTA Basic travel allowance, or money in the bank.
    There is no requirement for a job ( unless they are coming on a work visa, then the place they will work for, provides that paper work) there is no requirement for a phyisical.

It sounds like you are a victim of the most famous dating scam in the world.
  • Dec 5, 2012, 04:25 PM
    samrainy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Apparently you are a victim of the famous Ghana romance scam. We strongly recommend you travel to Ghana to meet her and her family before you commit to anything, especially money.

I am not dating anyone, this is a friend I met on a trip two summers ago to Ghana and I am
    Asking this friend to visit me in the USA and they are been told, I need to send financial paper to prove income to provide the care of this person while visiting me in the Usa. Im trying to find out the truth and what is really needed to arrange travel for my friend. Its no dating scam...
  • Dec 5, 2012, 04:30 PM
    samrainy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    No, there is no requirement for a BTA Basic travel allowance, or money in the bank.
    There is no requirement for a job ( unless they are coming on a work visa, then the place they will work for, provides that paper work) there is no requirement for a phyisical.

It sounds like you are a victim of the most famous dating scam in the world.

Chuck , I am not dating anyone, I met a friend in Ghana two summers ago while I was visiting Accra and have invited this friend to visit me in the USA, they are been told, I need to send verification as to income to provide for this friend while visiting me in USA so this person would not come into our country and become
    A burdon on the american government while here. I just need information since I cannot get anyone to answer this question ever the Embassy of Ghana.
  • Dec 5, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by samrainy View Post
    Chuck , i am not dating anyone, i met a friend in Ghana two summers ago while i was visiting Accra and have invited this friend to visit me in the USA, they are been told, I need to send verification as to income to provide for this friend while visting me in USA so this person would not come into our country and become
    a burdon on the american goverment while here. i just need information since i cannot get anyone to answer this question ever the Embassy of Ghana.

No verification of income is required. There is no burden on our government.