Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Business & Careers (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Biometric intake * Vetting intake (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=832407)

• May 26, 2017, 02:59 AM
    CattySteve
    Biometric intake * Vetting intake
    Can anybody tell me the definitions & purposes (if it's not a bothersome to explain in details, please) of some tests called "Biometric & Vetting intakes" when you're asked to do them?

Also, if there are any kind of deferences between the tow of them?

In advance, Thank you.
  • May 26, 2017, 07:23 AM
    ma0641
    Sets a basis profile for possible future encounters with police. DNA is one marker.
  • May 26, 2017, 08:02 AM
    talaniman
    Biometric intake are actually CLINICAL testing done by laboratories for identification purposes, while vetting intakes are done by experts via interviews, for a behavior/psychological profile.

In the criminal justice system both are used to identify and manage prisoners. Who ask you to take your test?
  • May 26, 2017, 10:08 AM
    CattySteve
    Many thanks for answering in such a short notice, I was asked by international organisation related to diplomatic vacancy within this department.

Should I be worried from them both or from one more than the other? You sounded serious in your question, so I got spooked out :P

Is this a positive sign in getting hired? As this is the most recent step from them from a long stressfull loop of interviews & oral/written tests till today (2-3 months till now :( ).

Thanks again for explaining

Hmmm I see thanks for explaining :)
  • May 26, 2017, 10:55 AM
    talaniman
    Diplomatic (RE:GOVERNMENT) is VERY stringent,and thorough... don't be spooked. Vetting to some degree is an important part of any organization.

See it as a background check.
  • May 26, 2017, 12:53 PM
    CattySteve
    Your answers just made my day so far, since I've been googling it since morning and saw so many hot/cold answers (non related to the question itself) as everyone is explaining from a personal openion or his thoughts.
    But yours were strightforward and to the point, have you done them before or you have a rich general knowledge on it, in all ways you're my ensyclopedia from now on...
    Tomorrow is the big day, will go take them at 8:00 am. I'll be updating you with wherever I'll go through to evaluate the outcome together "if i'll get chickened out and mess things up, too ;)".

Wish me luck :)
  • May 26, 2017, 01:01 PM
    CattySteve
    P.S: they already did me a background check as they sent me some applications/forms and gave me 1 week max to fill out, sign them a d resend it back via email too,, I was done within 2-3 days.
    Then, they said they will get back to me after about 1 month max if they found my statements in them positive or negative to guide me for my next step which is biometric/medical tests instructions, but after 11 days they said to bring a hard copy of the applications I already sent plus, my original identifications to do biometric/vetting intake appointment tomorrow 27/05 at 8:00 am.

My question is if they already have the applications and they already checked them, why asking me again for a hard copy?
  • May 26, 2017, 01:29 PM
    talaniman
    Thanks for the kind word. Banks, governments, and insurance companies are KNOWN to be very strict when hiring people and have a strict PROCESS for bringing in new people. Instead of seeing ghosts (I know, a bit scary, and can be unnerving when it's new), just keep it simple, and follow directions, and good luck.
  • May 26, 2017, 02:06 PM
    CattySteve
    You are most welcomed, ill be as a parrot..
    Thanks for your generousity