Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Addictions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415)
-   -   Second hand crack smoke (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=816581)

• Sep 28, 2015, 04:15 PM
    shortnsassy72
    Second hand crack smoke
    My friend don't smoke, but he was around Ppl who was getting hi on crack can crack get into your system and make you failandrug test?
  • Sep 28, 2015, 08:40 PM
    smoothy
    Is this your "friend" or is this you?

Your friend needs to change who she hangs around with. Crackheads are not good people.

And it doesn't matter HOW the substances get in their body...get enough and its a fail. A well deserved one.
  • Sep 29, 2015, 01:55 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    I have had many people, fail, who swear it was not them,
    But since most people taking tests are on PO, and just being around people breaking the law, is a violation, that is not a defense, just another violation.

But yes, it will make them fail often.
  • Oct 5, 2015, 06:02 AM
    mydogfifi
    It's very unlikely your friend would fail a cocaine drug test for second hand smoke. He would have to be smoking to show positive.
  • Oct 5, 2015, 06:55 AM
    smoothy
    I don't agree with that... you can get a contacts high from people smoking pot... you can get the same substances in second have smoke from crack or any other drugs. Not as much as the user.. but should be enough to be still fail.

Who hangs around with Crack smokers anyway unless they themselves are using too?
  • Oct 5, 2015, 09:41 AM
    talaniman
    The few who I know that have failed a drug test and claimed it was second hand smoke turned out to be liars, and you would have to breath a TREMENDOUS amount of second hand smoke RECENTLY to even fail a drug test. Drug tests are geared to detect habitual use and have a numeric standard (LEVEL) attached to them.

Failing a drug test means you actually did use and results are VERIFIED.

Common sense tells you never trust a crackhead, or the people that hang around them.
  • Oct 5, 2015, 09:49 AM
    Palmer Eldritch
    It would depend on how long before the test you where in a room with heavy crack smoke. The drug would leave your system very quickly and would not be the same if you were a consistent user. Also, in reference to the other posts, some one who smokes crack doesn't speak to there morals, you can be a good person and be a crack user.
  • Oct 5, 2015, 10:11 AM
    smoothy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmer Eldritch View Post
    It would depend on how long before the test you where in a room with heavy crack smoke. The drug would leave your system very quickly and would not be the same if you were a consistent user. Also, in reference to the other posts, some one who smokes crack doesn't speak to there morals, you can be a good person and be a crack user.

Really... crack users have morals or are good people? Have you seen crack users? Seen what they do to get their next fix? Doesn't take long before they exhaust their own funds and turn to crime to support their habit. Theft, robbery, prostitution. That does say everything about their morals.

That NEED for the next fix is very powerful....strong enough to make an addict do anything they can to get it. Friends Family..Morals..everything takes a back seat to the addiction.
  • Oct 5, 2015, 10:14 AM
    Palmer Eldritch
    I used crack and heroin for years but never stole. I consider myself a moral person. These people need help and not judgement
  • Oct 5, 2015, 10:20 AM
    smoothy
    Then you are one of the few that didn't. Particularly with those two.

People are judged based on their actions... that's the reality of the world.

Addicts NOT currently in treatment or actively trying to kick their habit deserve to be judged.

Those that are.. do get a break as long as they are staying clean.
  • Oct 5, 2015, 10:26 AM
    Palmer Eldritch
    They don't deserve to be judged by you.
  • Oct 5, 2015, 01:26 PM
    smoothy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmer Eldritch View Post
    They don't deserve to be judged by you.

They most certainly DO... and by everyone else too. What makes them special or have special rights. Everyone else on the planet gets judged every day and those are people most of whom are people better than they are.