Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Personal Growth (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Should I move out of my parents?? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=688709)

• Jul 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Sandr4m
    Should I move out of my parents??
    Hello,
    I am a 26yrs old woman who still lives with her parents. Do you think I should move out? I share all the house expenses with my parents and my younger sister. I pay rent to them, pay my car, and car insurance, bills, etc. I have been paying rent to my parents since I was 19yrs old. My cousins tell me I should move out now that I have graduated college but I personally I do not feel like I need to move out since it's not like my parents are on my case. I kind of feel like I am just renting a room from them. I enjoy their company and am happy I am able to help them in a monetary way.
  • Jul 30, 2012, 04:33 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandr4m View Post
    Hello,
    I am a 26yrs old woman who still lives with her parents. Do you think I should move out? I share all the house expenses with my parents and my younger sister. I pay rent to them, pay my car, and car insurance, bills, etc. I have been paying rent to my parents since I was 19yrs old. My cousins tell me I should move out now that I have graduated college but I personally I do not feel like I need to move out since it's not like my parents are on my case. I kinda feel like I am just renting a room from them. I enjoy their company and am happy I am able to help them in a monetary way.

"

Would I/did I want to live with my parents when I was 26? No. I wanted the freedom of living alone and the experience of supporting myself.

Here's what else you posted. Did you leave something out of this thread?

"Gosh.. I don't know what to tell you.. I got my interview this Monday coming up.. I'm scared too.. my husband and I know each other, we've dated for like 1 1/2 year still I'm nervous because I have also worked outside of campus and file taxes.. so I don't know how does going to affect me.. I'm planning on being as honest as I can.. don't give out info that they do not ask for.. hopefully everything goes well.. good luck
  • Jul 3, 2013, 02:27 PM
    none12345
    Does your parents need your support?

If they can manage on their own, perhaps its time you move out and be your own person!
  • Jul 5, 2013, 10:34 AM
    N0help4u
    After assessing if your parents need your help or not and that you have enough money to find a place, make the initial payments and keep up with bills and afford it then yeah I'd say move.
  • Jul 5, 2013, 10:47 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Gotcha! Asked over a year ago.

(Pass it along - I got "caught" yesterday or the day before.)
  • Jul 5, 2013, 01:08 PM
    none12345
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Gotcha! Asked over a year ago.

(Pass it along - I got "caught" yesterday or the day before.)

Haha my 2nd time this week. Not to be hating but mods need to do a better job of closing the threads. : )
  • Jul 5, 2013, 01:37 PM
    JudyKayTee
    I was poking "nohelp" with that particular sharp stick. The argument whether to open or close goes on and on.
  • Jul 5, 2013, 01:39 PM
    none12345
    OP hasn't been on for more than a year. I doubt she'll come back and read the new posts.