Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Private Investigations (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=263)
-   -   How can I search home for Bugging Device? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=95083)

• May 23, 2007, 01:34 AM
    irisheyes1366
    How can I search home for Bugging Device?
    Hello Everyone,
    Is there anyone that could guide me to a or give me step by step instructions on how to search my home for bugging Devices?
    Thank you and have a great weekend
  • May 23, 2007, 02:18 AM
    brandy681
    You will need to pay someone, a professional to come to your home and inspect it and you may can get this done for free but it depends. You can look yourself but most likely you would over look some bugs if you do have them because they are small and mostly only a professional can find, unless done by an inexperienced person. You can look in your home for bugs usually on pictures on the walls, on top of and also in plants and in other objects that usually stay in one place and you don't use a lot or places that you would not think to look. Also look in places that would be facing you, for instance if it is in a bedroom look for a bug that is facing the bed but not behind it.. Like a picture on the wall or something else that would get a good shot of the bed facing in front and if in the living room, vise versa.

Hope this info helps!
  • Sep 19, 2007, 07:05 PM
    gallivant_fellow
    Search online for a bug detector. Sweep your whole house and you will find them. Who is the problem? Is it serious or not?
  • Sep 19, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    There are various types, first you sweep your house with a receiver that will pick up various ranges of wireless signals ( radio waves) You also would use a electric ciruit detector to find wired bugs. Also you can use a heat detector to find the heat from electronic devices.

Also using devices, they can listen into a room though any window ( without a curtain) but this has to be done in line of site.

Now legal wire taps on your phone is done at the telephone office and there is no way to know if that tap is in place.

You will need about 20,000 in testing equipment to do it completely, and even then some may be missed. You will need to hire a professional who knows what to do, where to look and has the equipment
  • Sep 19, 2007, 07:44 PM
    gallivant_fellow
    Fr_Chuck is right about listening devices through windows. If there is a utility van in plain view of your windows, I'd be questioning it. Again, depending on your situation, it might not be that serious.
  • Nov 17, 2007, 10:31 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    There are various types, first you sweep your house with a reciever that will pick up various ranges of wireless signals ( radio waves) You also would use a electic ciruit detector to find wired bugs. also you can use a heat detector to find the heat from electonic devices.

Also using devices, they can listen into a room though any window ( without a curtain) but this has to be done in line of site.

Now legal wire taps on your phone is done at the telephone office and there is no way to know if that tap is in place.

You will need about 20,000 in testing equipment to do it completely, and even then some may be missed. You will need to hire a professional who knows what to do, where to look and has the equipment

And even if you run a sweep today, depending on the situation, that does not guarantee no bugs tomorrow.
  • Apr 4, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Lee Lewis
    By a Receiver,perhaps a hand held portable am/fm radio? I am an elderly person on fixed income. There is no way I can afford an expert.but thanks.
    L. Lewis
  • Apr 4, 2012, 10:33 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Are you asking about buying a device or giving advice?