Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Games (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Rubiks cube help. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=770297)

• Oct 7, 2013, 03:23 AM
    Yusf
    Rubiks cube help.
    I can solve the rubiks cube in 3 minutes. Can anyone post the algorithms for solving it under one minute?
  • Oct 7, 2013, 07:11 PM
    Alty
    I can't help, but your question intrigued me. I can get one side, and at times I've gotten 2, totally by accident. I'm always amazed at people that can solve the whole thing.

I'd be more than happy to be able to do it in 30 minutes, much less 3. Can you share the secret? :)
  • Oct 12, 2013, 02:41 AM
    Yusf
    Hi Alty! Sorry. I had my exams and my parents had seized my mobile. Now its over. I will be more than happy to share the secrets. If you are ready, please tell me. I will post the method.
  • Oct 12, 2013, 02:44 AM
    Yusf
    By the way, I am talking about a 3x3 rubiks cube...
  • Oct 12, 2013, 03:40 AM
    joypulv
    I guess you have googled it, right? I don't see anyone having a specific solution to doing it under one minute, although I have seen the champions do it. I get the impression that they don't 'think' in terms of steps after a while. I'm sure that you will get there, since you have gotten this far. I've seen people who can just look at the cube and then solve it without looking, or blindfolded. I guess the trick is to not stop to see what arrangement you have just done as you solve it - you need all the steps in mind before you even start.
  • Oct 12, 2013, 05:24 AM
    Yusf
    Joypulv, the method I use is my own. I did not Google it. It includes a lot of moves and is too time consuming. But I googled for an advanced method n found it. It has 3 steps. F2l, oll, pll. I am learning the 2nd step. It is not easy. It includes memorizing 100s of algs.
  • Oct 12, 2013, 05:42 AM
    joypulv
    Let us know when you win a championship?

I have a friend who was my roommate years ago, along with some very bright MIT guys, and she felt intimidated by their brains, despite being a very good nurse and a very good artist. She spent a whole week non-stop with a cube and huge pieces of blank newsprint, drawing solutions, and finally got it, and could solve it quickly from then on. And suddenly (I think) she wasn't bothered by all the geniuses around her anymore. I hope you win a contest. Unless you don't care of course, and this is just for you.
  • Oct 12, 2013, 07:50 AM
    Yusf
    Joypulv, you bet. I will be the next champ. But I need time. One day I will take the decision of sitting with the cube for weeks and figure out more advanced ways :) . Btw, can you ps tell Alty that I am waiting for him?
  • Oct 12, 2013, 08:34 AM
    joypulv
    You think Alty is male?
  • Oct 12, 2013, 08:41 AM
    Yusf
    After I clicked on the name (to see the profile) I realised I missed an 's' before 'he'.
  • Oct 12, 2013, 12:37 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Yusf View Post
    Joypulv, u bet. I will b the next champ. But i need time. One day i will take the decision of sitting with the cube for weeks and figure out more advanced ways :) . Btw, can u ps tell Alty that i am waiting for him?

Alty here. Definitely not a him. :)

I'd love to learn. My son is very much into rubiks cubes right now, but he's just starting, can't even do one side, and when I do he's amazed. I'd love to totally blow him away by being able to solve the whole thing. :)
  • Oct 12, 2013, 09:54 PM
    Yusf
    Hello! Sorry for a he. Today I will help u solve a 3x3 rubiks cube. In my example, I will solve the white as the first layer. You will see terms like: r-turn right side clockwise. Ri-turn right side anticlock. U-turn up side clock. Ui- turn up side anticlock. L- turn left side clock. Li-turn left side anticlock. F-turn front side clock. Fi-turn front side anti clock. Ignore cases. This is how to solve the 2nd layer. Keep your solved layer down. (I say u solve the white first as well.)For me its white. My top side is yellow. Look for any centre piece on top that has no yellow. If every piece has a yellow, do this. Keep an unsolved piece (on second layer) to your right front. Keep a centre piece that has a yellow (on top layer) to your front. Apply alg 1. Alg 1: you are ui ri ui fi u f. if u hv a centre piece with no yellow, turn the top to bring it to the face which matches the colour of the piece that faces u. Like if its an orange green piece with orange facing u, give u turns
  • Oct 12, 2013, 10:06 PM
    Yusf
    To bring it to the face with centre piece orange. Now decide which side it must go in your 2nd layer. If it goes to the right, apply alg 1. If it goes to left, apply alg 2. Alg2: ui l u li you f ui fi. This way you can solve the whole second layer. Try it first. Let me know if any prob. After you finish second layer, I will tell you how to do the third.
  • Oct 16, 2013, 09:26 PM
    Yusf
    Hey Alty, could u solve the second layer?