Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Mental & Emotional Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Bully (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=836822)

• Jan 23, 2018, 06:14 AM
    jessduttonj
    Bully
    I am also 12 I am being pushes and shoved every day they wait for me after school follow me home call me names and most of the time spit in my hair what should I do ? Plzz
  • Jan 23, 2018, 06:25 AM
    smoothy
    You have to stand up for yourself. Not everyone will agree with me... but its an important life lesson. If you don't stand up for yourself you will always be taken advantage of... (even as adults) because you allow it to happen. Might not be physical or even emotional, but you won't get the promotion, you will get a fraction of the pay raises your coworkers get, etc, etc.

There are consequences to choices and actions. Want to be an outcast, an outsider....then expect to be treated like one. Many prophesies are self fulfilling. Nobody is ENTITLED to having everyone else like them or support their choices. That's the risk you run for deciding to be different. You made the choice..then you own the consequences for making it.

Example...Make a choice to get face tattoos, sharpen your teeth to points and get horn implants, then you lose any right to complain why nobody will hire you.
  • Jan 23, 2018, 07:27 AM
    talaniman
    While I agree you must learn to stand up for yourself against a bully, but if the bully is bigger, stronger, meaner, and more aggressive and has friends, then expect to take an a$$ kicking. Maybe more than one. Been there done that. No shame in getting your butt kicked, just in not standing up for yourself. There is something you must do first, RIGHT NOW though, and that's tell your parents, AND a teacher, principal, or school counsellor. There is never any shame in asking a responsible adult to help you in such situations, the shame is NOT telling them, and getting their help!

There is no shame either in avoiding the bully all together, but the problem is they will look for you because all bullies love a victim. You are probably NOT their only victim however, they usually have many. So your first task is making the situation known to both your parents, and the school, which is how I told my kids, and AVOID the bully!

Hey guy, or girl, I sympathize and know well the fear you feel, when there seems no place to turn. That's why the best thing is tell your parents, AND the school! Not everyone is built to fight, for some its better to run and find help. That's okay too as long as you do the second part, and that's find some help! To run and be silent is a shame, and solves nothing.

Make sense? QUESTIONS?
  • Jan 23, 2018, 08:12 AM
    joypulv
    Can't fight them?

Save your pennies. Hire the 2 biggest guys you know to stand outside after school for just 5 minutes (nice ones will help you for free), and when the bullies come out, have them say ''If Jess so much as stubs a toe or gets a paper cut from now on, you all answer to us.'' Get someone else to video it off to one side.
  • Jan 27, 2018, 05:03 AM
    jessduttonj
    Cheers we are OK now xx
  • Jan 27, 2018, 05:19 AM
    joypulv
    That easy? Care to tell us how you solved it? LOL Thousands of other kids would love to know.