Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Teens (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Mom doesn't aprove? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=408071)

• Oct 20, 2009, 04:22 PM
    merissam
    Mom doesn't aprove?
    Okay,so I have been going out with a guy.Hes african american.So I told my mom.and she said that white boys won't want to go out with me and that my friends parent won't want them to hangout with me.People are saying I shouldn't have went out with him,but I like him a lot.Isnt that all that counts?I don't know please help me.
  • Oct 20, 2009, 04:25 PM
    danielnoahsmommy

You parent won't want you to date him there fore they are stating no one else would want you, both boys and friends. Not so. But this is your decision you must make and you have to live with them.
  • Oct 23, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Justwantfair

At 12 years old, you shouldn't be dating anyone. You have six more years in your parent's house, when you move out then you can date whomever you would like.
  • Oct 23, 2009, 10:42 AM
    justcurious55

If you were older, I would say that you should date whoever you want. But as long as you live under your parent's roof, you live under their rules. If they say no, the answer is no.
  • Oct 23, 2009, 11:33 AM
    s_cianci
    Why does your mom not approve? Is it just because of race? Or are there other issues involved? Also you should ask yourself, is the reason you like him because he's African American? I'm not saying that it is but you need to examine your own motives as well.
  • Oct 23, 2009, 11:59 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma

I agree that you shouldn't be dating anyone at 12 years old. You're parents have every right to choose who you can and cannot see. However, I don't think its right that she's singling him out because of his race.

You need to spend more time getting to know yourself before you are old enough and mature enough to enter into a romantic relationship.
  • Oct 25, 2009, 03:16 PM
    jaime90

Wow. 12 years old. You shouldn't be giving relationships any thought. Let me say that again: YOU SHOULD'NT EVEN BE THINKING ABOUT DATING!! 'liking' a guy is not all that counts- what counts in a relationship is love, and love is commitment. So unless you or him are in it for life, like, MARRIAGE, don't even bother or you will end up heartbroken.
  • Oct 25, 2009, 03:43 PM
    jmjoseph
    Enjoy your childhood.

I'll not give "dating" advice to a 12 year old. However, when you do start dating, as long as the guy treats you well, it doesn't matter if he's green or purple.

But right now, you are simply too young to worry about dating.
  • Oct 25, 2009, 03:50 PM
    artlady

You are much to young to date.
    In the future ,the way it goes is like this.
    Your Moms house,her rules.
    When you are of legal age to leave home,you need not abide by anyone else's bigotry.