Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   Tattoo time. Need your input! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=635803)

• Feb 13, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Alty
    Tattoo time. Need your input!
    That's right, she's baaaaccckkkk! ;)

I need all of your wisdom and input.

My husband informed me that he's getting me a new tattoo for our anniversary. He wants me to get it soon though, so that I can enjoy the summer, at least a bit.

I know where I want it (on my inner wrist), and I basically know what I want it of. Cherry blossoms (but I'm open to other flowers), 5 of them. I also want to incorporate my kids names, my husbands name, and my parents names. I want it to look more watercolor then sharp.

I've seen a few designs, but nothing really makes me say "wow, I have to have that".

Any ideas? Any thoughts? I'm open to other suggestions. I do want to incorporate my family into this tat, I do want flowers but it doesn't have to be a cherry blossom, and I don't want it to go all the way up my arm. Just the inner wrist. It can go half way to the inner elbow, but anything bigger than that would be too much for me.

So, you all are who I come to when I want great advice and suggestions, so bring it on. :)
  • Feb 13, 2012, 07:53 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Good luck, I am getting ready to get a Dragon myself in a couple weeks.
  • Feb 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
    J_9
    I love you Alty, you know I do. Just wanted to subscribe here to see what comes up, but I don't have ink. Don't have ideas for ink. But I love you though! Haven't talked to you in what seems forever!
  • Feb 13, 2012, 08:28 PM
    Alty
    Thanks Chuck.

J, love you too, and miss you tons. You all are the reason I came back. I just wasn't getting enough chat time on fb. ;)
  • Feb 14, 2012, 07:16 PM
    cdad
    Just connect the flowers with a vine made from the names in a twisted fashion. With "twisted" being the operative word. When the vines cross try to match a letter from the names.
    Example: If 2 names contain an "S" then that is where it can cross.
  • Feb 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Just connect the flowers with a vine made from the names in a twisted fashion. With "twisted" being the operative word. When the vines cross try to match a letter from the names.

I like that idea.

Thanks Dad. :)
  • Feb 16, 2012, 08:44 AM
    nitelight198073
    Quote:

Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post

Great idea!
  • Mar 7, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Aurora_Bell
    Think long and hard about placement. As you know I have many tattoo's, and working in a professional setting, there are times I know I am not being taken seroulsy because of tattoo placement.
  • Mar 7, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Aurora_Bell
    Also water colour tats fade very quickly. Don't go to the cheapst place, shop around and do lots of research.
  • Mar 7, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Aurora_Bell
    1 Attachment(s)
    This is a neat concept, but I would put it sidewats and have it going from shoulder to shoulder across the back.
  • Mar 7, 2012, 06:32 PM
    Alty
    I like it Bella, but I'm looking for something that looks more realistic. I'll post a few pictures I found. Just give me a few, I have to remember how to post pics. ;)

I'm putting it on the inside of my lower arm. Easily covered with a long sleeved shirt. :)

I'll probably go back to the same place where I got my other tattoo. They did a great job, and they have many artists, all with different styles and strengths.

Hopefully I'll have it before you come to visit. Or I could book it for when you're here, and you can be my moral support. :)
  • Mar 7, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Alty
    3 Attachment(s)
    Here are a few that I like.

Attachment 39357

Attachment 39358

Attachment 39359
  • Mar 8, 2012, 06:20 PM
    Aurora_Bell
    I like the bottom one, a friend of mine has something similar going up her back
  • Mar 8, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I like the bottom one, a friend of mine has something similar going up her back

That's my favorite too.
  • Mar 9, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Aurora_Bell
    1 Attachment(s)
    This one is pretty nice too
  • Mar 9, 2012, 05:24 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    This one is pretty nice too

That is pretty. I really like it. I wouldn't be going that big, but on a smaller scale I think it would look very nice on my lower arm. :)
  • Mar 14, 2012, 10:55 AM
    nitelight198073
    I like the one on the shoulder/chest it is very nice!
  • Apr 17, 2012, 07:41 AM
    alkalineangel
    1 Attachment(s)
    Alty - did you ever get this done? I just submitted ideas to my artist last night for a new wrist piece. I am anxious for him to show me his interpretation of them. I am not getting anything near this detailed though. My back is detailed enough for me. ;) I love the cherry blossom idea though.

Is this kind of what you were thinking?
    Attachment 39832