Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Government (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Is anyone else legitimately worried about the stability of the dollar? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=741188)

• Mar 26, 2013, 03:15 PM
    garboozle
    Is anyone else legitimately worried about the stability of the dollar?
    Like sometimes I want to go to school and set goals and do things with my life but with the economy so down and an ever increasing national debt I'm like "what's the point"? Do you see the dollar maintaining value in two more years let alone five?
  • Mar 26, 2013, 03:17 PM
    JudyKayTee
    No.
  • Mar 26, 2013, 03:48 PM
    joypulv
    Tying your plans to the dollar and the national debt is just looking for excuses.
    It's like sitting on a park bench with a truck idling in front of you, spewing out diesel fumes, and you won't breathe and you won't move and you won't tell the driver to turn off the engine.
    If you are young, you are the future. That's not just a trite saying.
  • Mar 26, 2013, 03:53 PM
    garboozle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Tying your plans to the dollar and the national debt is just looking for excuses.
    It's like sitting on a park bench with a truck idling in front of you, spewing out diesel fumes, and you won't breathe and you won't move and you won't tell the driver to turn off the engine.
    If you are young, you are the future. That's not just a trite saying.

It's not so much as an excuse as it is a major MAJOR concern. Sometimes I feel as if getting citizenship to German or something should be my top priority. With the year the debt is suppose to be up to 20 trillion dollars, how long can this system of debt and fiat currency be sustained?
  • Mar 26, 2013, 06:11 PM
    joypulv
    Leaving the US is now your top priority?
    What happened to your undying love?
  • Mar 26, 2013, 06:20 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Joy, I see you've read the history - OP is all over the place.
  • Mar 26, 2013, 08:33 PM
    garboozle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Leaving the US is now your top priority?
    What happened to your undying love?

Well she IS the top priority, leaving the country was an exaggeration If I were with her I wouldn't care less about the state of the economy. .
  • Mar 27, 2013, 09:17 AM
    joypulv
    This is just a variation on the lovestruck guy going off to join the French Foreign Legion.
  • Mar 27, 2013, 09:36 AM
    Wondergirl
    Reminds me of the story of "The Three Sillies" and the axe embedded in a beam in the basement.

The Storyteller Online - Dr. Mike Lockett
  • Mar 27, 2013, 09:50 AM
    joypulv
    Trying to think of silly stories...
    Here's a true one:
    Cheyenne Mountain, NORAD's secure military site inside a mountain in CO, built to withstand a 30 megaton bomb.
    A friend of mine worked there during the Vietnam War. The massive double doors never worked right, so they were kept open unless bigwigs came to tour the place. Then an alarm went off and people scurried to be either in or out, knowing it would take forever for the geeks to get it open once it was closed.