Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Islam (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=423)
-   -   Which dua should a woman recite if her husband is having an extra marital affair (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=485315)

• Jul 4, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Kharba
    Which dua should a woman recite if her husband is having an extra marital affair
    Which dua should a woman recite if her husband is having an extra marital affair
  • Jul 7, 2010, 01:46 PM
    firmbeliever

I am not sure if there is a dua, but you must get your family and his family to intervene and advice him on this matter as he is committing a sin.
    --------------------
    Islam Question and Answer - Does she have the right to ask for divorce if her husband is having haraam relationships with other women?
    "If the husband is having haraam relationships with other women, this is a reason which makes it permissible for the wife to seek talaaq or khul‘, so as to protect herself and her honour, and as a precaution against diseases that the husband may bring because of these relationships. "

• Jul 7, 2010, 01:58 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    I am not sure if there is a dua, but you must get your family and his family to intervene and advice him on this matter as he is committing a sin.
    --------------------
    Islam Question and Answer - Does she have the right to ask for divorce if her husband is having haraam relationships with other women?
    "If the husband is having haraam relationships with other women, this is a reason which makes it permissible for the wife to seek talaaq or khul‘, so as to protect herself and her honour, and as a precaution against diseases that the husband may bring because of these relationships. "

Firmbeliever what's a dua? I hope I don't offend you by asking this?
  • Jul 7, 2010, 02:03 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Firmbeliever what's a dua? I hope I don't offend you by asking this?

I know! I know! (I Googled.) It's a prayer of supplication, such as before meals -- Bismillahi wa 'ala baraka-tillah, translation: With Allah's name and upon the blessings granted by Allah (do we eat).
  • Jul 7, 2010, 02:04 PM
    firmbeliever

Hi Kit,
    It is the name used by muslims for supplications.
    Glad you asked. :)

• Jul 7, 2010, 02:07 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    Hi Kit,
    It is the name used by muslims for supplications.
    Glad you asked. :).

We are so pleased to have you here on this site, to answer these questions!
  • Jul 7, 2010, 02:08 PM
    firmbeliever
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I know! I know! (I Googled.) It's a prayer of supplication, such as before meals -- Bismillahi wa 'ala baraka-tillah, translation: With Allah's name and upon the blessings granted by Allah (do we eat).

:D! Yes you do.
    It isn't just before meals,but that's a good example.

Dua's are many times said right after the formal prayers or "salah" which could be the obligatory five times or supererogatory ones done at different times of the day.

• Jul 7, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    We are so pleased to have you here on this site, to answer these questions!

Yes we are!:)
  • Jul 7, 2010, 02:21 PM
    firmbeliever

Thank you WG and Kit!A pleasure to be here.