Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Middle School (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   How do I convince my parents to not switch schools? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=815130)

• Aug 12, 2015, 08:35 PM
    Cupcakes12345
    How do I convince my parents to not switch schools?
    My parents decided that we should move... And change my school. And even if I convince them to let me stay in my old school, because I have really nice friends there and I also know almost everything about that school. I cant just let it go to waste... :( I love my friends... And my grades are improving than ever! I just don't get it ._. And they respon to me angrily >_< what should I do?
  • Aug 12, 2015, 09:10 PM
    Wondergirl
    Why are your parents moving?
  • Aug 12, 2015, 09:16 PM
    smoothy
    Get used to it... this is life. You have to do things you don't like all the time. Who is going to drive you back and forth... who is going to pay the costs because if you move their taxes are going to be paid to another school district... and also... most times... its not a choice anyone can make... if you don't live in that district, you can't attend that school.

What do you do....you go and make new friends....you don't get to make a choice...it is what it is. Like it or not..you have to make the most of it..
  • Aug 12, 2015, 11:07 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    It will not go to waste, you will stay in contact with old friends (ones who are really friends) chat, call on phone. See each other at times.

In the new school, (it should not be issue with grades, if you study) perhaps your grades will be even better. You meet new friends, and learn the new school.

Kids change schools all the time, my boys had to change schools (new cities) every two or three years. It is life.

I am assuming, they are getting better house, or buying a house, different jobs, or moving closer to work. Perhaps getting you in a better school district.

This is, as the other person said, life, you really have no say in this, it is your parents choice.
  • Aug 13, 2015, 05:58 AM
    teacherjenn4
    Many school districts won't allow you to attend a school if you don't live in the surrounding area. You will make new friends. Hopefully you will move prior to the beginning of the school year. Cheer up and let us know how you are doing when you get to your new school.
  • Aug 13, 2015, 06:59 AM
    catonsville
    I feel your pain. Had the same thing happen at the end of my 8th grade. Not easy but you can beat it. One thing for sure you will always remember that day forever. Looking back and thinking what would have happened had we stayed there. Life is full of surprises and you can handle it, I did. Many, many trips to the old homestead when I was able to drive.
  • Aug 13, 2015, 07:10 AM
    J_9
    An old song, yes I'm dating myself...

Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold."

Meaning, embrace change, but keep yourself open to new friends and opportunities.