Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Hair Care (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=500)
-   -   Fixing Level 3 Dark brown hair (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=201329)

• Apr 1, 2008, 07:26 PM
    unhappyhair
    Fixing Level 3 Dark brown hair
    Hi, Ladies,

I have read many of your posts with a similar problem to mine. I had my hair color done by a new hairdresser. I loved my previous color (which was a level 5 or 6 with caramel highlights) and I asked her to match it. It came our WAY too dark (level 3, according to the manager) with barely there red highlights. A few days later, the manager tried to fix it with more highlights, but it just added more red and the base color is still way too dark. I don't feel like myself and I am unhappy. The manager said I could come by Friday and she would lighten it by adding a mild bleach. This sounds pretty harsh and my scalp is already tender from the color that has been done over the past few days.
    I am going to try the dishwashing liquid mixed with shampoo foloowed by deep conditioning tonight, but if this doesn't work should I go see the manager again and try the bleaching? Please help- I have a really important meeting next week and hate to go looking like this! Thanks in advance
  • Apr 3, 2008, 11:59 PM
    PrettyLady
    In order to go from dark brown to light brown hair, you will need pre-lighten your hair then apply your desired color for best results. Since you want to go 2-3 shades lighter than your current color, the stylist or manager may be able to mix a bleach solution to lift and lighten the color a few shades lighter. So it would be best to return the salon and have them fix your hair.
  • Apr 4, 2008, 03:44 PM
    hfoelsing
    I too was dyed 3 dark brown and came out "elvira" with burgundy highlights. All better now -

I went and bought both Prell (original formula - green in a clear plastic bottle) and the OOPS color remover - $15 or less for both. OH and a good conditioner. I put the Prell on dry hair and sat for 45 minutes. Washed it out, conditioned, dried hair. Note: some color ran off in the tub but when I dried - no visible change. So I put on the Color Oops (thick, long dark hair that's been bleached, colored, beaten with a stick, etc).

I am SHOCKED! As one reviewer noted, you won't see color wash down the drain, and it won't look THAT different before you dry. But when you do - halleluya (however you spell it)! ALL the black is gone, the ends are a nice med to dk brown with a slight copper highlight and the roots are... the same! Voilą! And when I say a light copper that's what I mean because red doesn't look good on me. So I just went from black with burgundy / bordeaux / purply highlights to a med to dk brown with the slightest copper highlights.

I do not know if the Color OOPS (extra strength) would have done this alone, if it did or if the 45 minute "Prell soak" helped it but sounds like we're pretty similar - do both like I did and condition well.