Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Electrical & Lighting (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote quit working fan on (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=748516)

• May 11, 2013, 09:02 PM
    dogdocdee
    Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote quit working fan on
    How can I get the remote control to start working again on my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan?
    I turned on the fan on my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan then a few minutes later tried to turn it off and the remote control will no longer operate the fan or light. The battery seems to be good but no response from fan and it is stuck on medium speed. How can I turn it off? (there are no pull chains on the fan).
    I did not initially move the switches inside the remote but tried this later to no avail.
    I also removed the battery and put it back in... no help.
    Thanks
  • May 19, 2013, 10:24 PM
    AnswerMan5000
    Hey how's it going
    I recommend this page and buy the replacement remote and battery

See if it works

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Parts - Ceiling Fans 'N More
  • May 20, 2013, 01:58 AM
    JoeDunn
    Before purchasing anything... you need to verify that the receive located in the canopy of the fan is still functioning. Drop the canopy disconnect the black lead going to the receiver(Hot wire) then reconnect and test the remote again.

If it still doesn't work, try changing the coded freq dip switches on both the remote & receiver... disconnect the hot lead once more... reconnect it and test the remote.

If it still fails to work... replace both... as long as you are sure that the fan/light isn't the problem.

Joe
  • May 20, 2013, 02:20 AM
    JoeDunn
    No pull chains on the fan? What model number do you have? Most fan manufactures instruct you to set the fan pull chain to the high position and control the speed/on-off via the remote.

Litex Industries manufactures these fans... have you called customer service (800.527.1292) yet?

Joe
  • May 20, 2013, 01:53 PM
    lookingforwind
    You say to disconnect the black wire and some sources say turn of the breaker. But from what I understand, the fan is wired "Hot" and the remotre then controls turning it on and off. The switch on the wall cuts power to the fan correct, essentially the same as disconnecting the wire or flipping the breaker.
    The top light on my fan works.. . with the switch on the wall. But I cannot turn it off, also I cannot turn the fan or bottom light on with the remote. I have verified the batteries are good. I believe my 1 1/2 year old child chucked the remote across the room. The funny thing is, when you push a button on the remote, the red transmitter light lights up. I have tried the dip switch thing to no avail. I have a hard time believing the remote is no good since the transmitter light still lights up. Any suggestions? I would really love to be able to turn my fan on.. Thanks!
  • May 20, 2013, 02:46 PM
    JoeDunn
    Ok... you hadn't mention the switch before that's why I asked about a pull chain.

Also, I asked before:

What model number do you have? Most fan manufactures instruct you to set the fan pull chain to the high position and control the speed/on-off via the remote.

Litex Industries manufactures these fans... have you called customer service (800.527.1292) yet?

??

Joe