Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Firearms (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   carry permit news ....Reciprocity and Recognition (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=819844)

• Dec 27, 2015, 12:43 PM
    cdad
    carry permit news ....Reciprocity and Recognition
    If you live in or deal with Viginia then please take note of changes that take effect Feb 1, 2016. If you have questions call ahead.

Reciprocity and Recognition

Virginia State Police - Concealed Handgun - Reciprocity and Recognition
  • Dec 27, 2015, 01:27 PM
    smoothy
    This is what Happens when a Democrat gets into office by hook or by crook. And there was a lot of shady stuff involved in his election. Total lack of respect or recognition of 2nd amendment rights by the Democrat party.

I see that "executive order or Decree" being reversed as soon as the next election occurs since that's all it was..no change in law...as it wasn't approved or put past the State congress or Senate...because it would have been shot down by the majority party in Virgina.
  • Dec 27, 2015, 01:29 PM
    cdad
    For now it is something we have to deal with and it is best served by being informed. That is why I posted it so others can learn from it.
  • Dec 27, 2015, 01:31 PM
    smoothy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    For now it is something we have to deal with and it is best served by being informed. That is why I posted it so others can learn from it.

Exactly...
  • Dec 28, 2015, 04:13 AM
    Catsmine
    I have already written my North Carolina representatives asking them to no longer recognize Virginia driver's licenses and to require Virginia drivers to purchase a permit to use our roads. It could fund the entire State Budget.
  • Dec 28, 2015, 11:58 AM
    catonsville
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    I have already written my North Carolina representatives asking them to no longer recognize Virginia driver's licenses and to require Virginia drivers to purchase a permit to use our roads. It could fund the entire State Budget.

I applaud your efforts, it is a shame that governments namely "democrats" which one would equate with the word democracy have developed a "I have a Pen and a Phone" mentality, thereby issuing self serving "Executive Orders".
    Bypassing the Rules of Law.
  • Dec 28, 2015, 12:48 PM
    talaniman
    Repubs do it too...

Kentucky governor Bevin issues executive orders rolling back voting rights and minimum wage, gives Kim Davis a win - AMERICAblog News

Right-Wing Media Discover A Lawless Executive Order They Support -- It's Anti-Union, Of Course | Blog | Media Matters for America

Rebuffed by Republican Legislators, Bobby Jindal Issues Executive Order on 'Religious Liberty' | Right Wing Watch
  • Dec 28, 2015, 01:33 PM
    smoothy
    Democrats lowered the Bar of what's acceptable by elected officials when they gave Obama Carte Blanche for all of his the last 7 years.

What's that saying about things coming around to bite you in the butt later? And "whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander."
  • Dec 28, 2015, 02:31 PM
    cdad

Your comparing apples to oranges here. The 2nd amendment is a right. And in removing that right it should be decided by a higher power then one person with a pen.

The ones you have quoted seem to correct wrongs that have been done and needed undoing. It is 2 different situations.
  • Dec 28, 2015, 02:41 PM
    catonsville
    They were to right a wrong. Whereas the Dems. always want to take a right and turn it into a wrong. Big Difference.