Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Interior Home Improvement (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Cost of Hiring Painters (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=242748)

• Jul 28, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Pat18Bell
    Cost of Hiring Painters
    [F]:) Could someone help me out in this area? I have a 12x18 ft. room that I need to have painted and I was wondering what it would cost me to Contract Painters to do this job for me? Thank You!! ;)
  • Jul 29, 2008, 05:34 AM
    tickle
    You would normally call painters and have them come in to give you a quote and then pick the best one.
  • Jul 29, 2008, 05:47 PM
    SnakeBite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat18Bell
    [F]:) Could someone help me out in this area? I have a 12x18 ft. room that I need to have painted and I was wondering what it would cost me to Contract Painters to do this job for me? Thank You!!!!!;)

Just to paint the walls and ceiling @ 8ft. ht. -- average room -- custom work (2) coat application, I would say about $350.00 to $400.00 (labor only)

Not to enclude;
    Windows
    Doors
    Closet
    Crown Molding
    Chair Rail
    Baseboards
    Prep: Caulking, spackling, repairing cracks, holes minor imperfections

There is always someone who will do the job for more or less.
  • Jul 30, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Clough
    A lot of factors need to be considered in the possible prices for any kind of paint job on a dwelling or building that is used for a business. Giving the dimensions of the floor area does not tell us the dimensions of the surface areas to be painted. Listed below, are just some of the factors that would need to be considered.

Where are you located? It would help to know that in order to answer you the best, because the prices will vary greatly depending on where this paint job is going to be happening. Also, unknown to us here, is if this is a perfectly flat surface area, or one that has texture to it of any kind and if there are any repairs to be made to the walls or ceiling, if those are the areas that are to be painted in addition to any others. Other factors that might need to be considered would be the width and total linear feet of any trim and how many, the dimensions thereof, of any doors there might be that you might want painted as well as the total area of window glass that would be excluded from the dimensions of other surface areas that are to be painted.

Thanks!
  • Jul 30, 2008, 07:24 AM
    SnakeBite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clough
    A lot of factors need to be considered in the possible prices for any kind of paint job on a dwelling or building that is used for a business. Giving the dimensions of the floor area does not tell us the dimensions of the surface areas to be painted. Listed below, are just some of the factors that would need to be considered.

Where are you located? It would help to know that in order to answer you the best, because the prices will vary greatly depending on where this paint job is going to be happening. Also, unknown to us here, is if this is a perfectly flat surface area, or one that has texture to it of any kind and if there are any repairs to be made to the walls or ceiling, if those are the areas that are to be painted in addition to any others. Other factors that might need to be considered would be the width and total linear feet of any trim and how many, the dimensions thereof, of any doors there might be that you might want painted as well as the total area of window glass that would be excluded from the dimensions of other surface areas that are to be painted.

Thanks!

I gave Pat18bell a "ball park" price that I would charge for painting an average room (walls & ceiling.) Some people have no idea what a professional painter charges -- $200? - $500? - $1000? I hope I gave her a basic idea of what to expect!