Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Computers for Beginners (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Looking for the information-where deleted files are stored after deleted from recycli (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=200860)

• Mar 31, 2008, 05:02 PM
    tadtadtad
    Looking for the information-where deleted files are stored after deleted from recycli
    Well it's a tough one so ill try to explain the best I can

When you delete a file it can be undelted with programs I'm not concerned with undeleting the file where is the information stored on my hard drive

I'm looking for the information that tells the undeleter program what been deleted

How Files are Deleted in MS Windows

When a file is deleted, it is not permanently removed from the hard drive until another file overwrites the occupied space.

Since a single file can span multiple locations on your hard drive, it can be 'partially' overwritten by other files. In techy terms, this is referred to as file fragmentation.
  • Mar 31, 2008, 05:39 PM
    ScottGem
    When a file is deleted, its actually not removed from the hard drive. Instead the entry for that file is changed so it doesn't show up on a file search. However, when you remove the file from the Recycle bin, the entry is completely removed from the file listing. No record is kept thereafter.
  • Mar 31, 2008, 05:39 PM
    biggsie
    I'm not really sure what you want -- Hope this helps you find it

where deleted files are stored after deleted from recycling bin - Google Search

The reason that recovering deleted files is different from other data recovery tasks is that it is easier. When a file is deleted from your computer, it is not really deleted. It is simply removed from the list of files in the folder.
  • Mar 31, 2008, 05:58 PM
    tadtadtad
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottGem
    When a file is deleted, its actually not removed from the hard drive. Instead the entry for that file is changed so it doesn't show up on a file search. However, when you remove the file from the Recycle bin, the entry is completely removed from the file listing. No record is kept thereafter.

Yes , but if you can use varias programs to undelete what's already been deleted from recycling bin , then the info is stored on hard drive I'm guesing skattered throughout ,
    In my registry and other system files say you delete a 1 gig file you gain that gig but the info is still stored is this true and wher is this info
    :cool:
  • Mar 31, 2008, 06:37 PM
    ScottGem
    The data from the files removed from the recycle bin is still on the drive. Some software can recover these files, if they haven't been overwritten by piecing together the various sectors the file was stored on.
  • Mar 31, 2008, 06:38 PM
    seahwk83
    You can use undelete 3rd party programs, does not always work but does recover deleted files depending on how long ago you had removed it from recycle bin or if you have defragmented the drive since deleting the file or files

Recover My files, EasyUndelete, and PC Inspector are a few
    PC inspector is freeware
    CONVAR & PCinspector Data Recovery Datenrettung recupero dati datarecovery récupération données
  • Apr 2, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Scleros
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tadtadtad
    the info is still stored is this true and wher is this info

The data from the original file is still contained in all its original clusters on the media in the drive. It will stay there until another file is written to the media that overwrites one or more clusters that the original file used. As more and more changes occur to the file system, more and more of the original file's clusters will be reused by new files.
  • Dec 22, 2008, 05:48 AM
    ravalrima
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    I'm not satisfied. I still don't get where the files actually stored after deleting from recyclebin