Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   Pictures were good. But, let’s do real! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=59505)

• Feb 2, 2007, 09:01 AM
    excon
    Pictures were good. But, let’s do real!
    Hello:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    .......and I had really hoped to get to meet you for real for that cup of coffee.

The Padre and I been talking. We've been doing this stuff on this and other boards for a long, long time – 10 years or more. I'd like to meet him too.

How about we get together somewhere this summer in Middle America for a few days/week of frivolity? We could book a block of rooms (get a discount), go on tours, eat and drink together….. I don't know. I'll help organize it.

Anybody?

excon

PS> I promise not to wear my convict garb.
  • Feb 2, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Synnen
    If it weren't TOO far from me in Middle America, I would definitely be interested in meeting some of you.

I haven't been around very long, but this is a really helpful caring bunch of people, and it would be terrific to buy coffee for you!
  • Feb 2, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Allheart
    To get to meet my good buddy excon and my very special Synnen, :)
    Sounds like a blast! Bwwww ha ha haaaa :)
  • Feb 2, 2007, 09:47 AM
    J_9
    Sounds like a great plan. I do believe Memphis Tennessee is pretty close to middle? :rolleyes:
  • Feb 2, 2007, 09:48 AM
    excon
    Hello again:

How about Branson? I love picking and stompin...

excon
  • Feb 2, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Allheart
    What about our overseas friends??
  • Feb 2, 2007, 09:50 AM
    J_9
    Ah, but Memphis has picking & stompin with Memphis in May and the World Championship Barbecue contest on the Mississippi River. Beer, barbecue, blues...

Lot's 'O fun!!
  • Feb 2, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Synnen
    Isn't Chicago or Minneapolis pretty "middle"? Granted, it's cold NOW, but summers around here are BEE-Yooo-tee-full!
  • Feb 2, 2007, 10:04 AM
    excon
    Hello again:

I certainly do love Memphis ribs. I'm actually an official judge for the BBQ Assn. So, Memphis is cool with me.

In fact, if my geography serves me correctly, anywhere around there is about the middle of the country. I'm open to anywhere. It's true, we're an international bunch, but we have to pick somewhere. I'm looking for a place that you easterners can drive to, isn't especially expensive, and has something going on.

It's also true, that whatever place we pick is going to be too far, or too expensive, or the wrong time, for some. We're just going to have to deal with that. It's also why we should start early so that people can make arrangements.

excon
  • Feb 2, 2007, 10:07 AM
    curlybenswife
    Look you just have to be ready for people to have more than just your gathering after all there will always be more interested in traveling than others, there's certainly no way in hell I'm going to drag a 1 year old half way round the world lol but I'd be happy to sort a english gathering.

Laura
  • Feb 2, 2007, 10:11 AM
    J_9
    Check out Memphis in May. I don't believe they have a list of performing artists yet though
  • Feb 2, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Synnen
    Actually... I've been involved with several online groups over the years, and that's generally what happens. People have "regional" get-togethers. Granted, they're usually open to anyone that wants to haul themselves there, but this gives people a chance to meet at least the people in their areas.

For instance... a Dallas get-together, a NY get-together, a Minneapolis, Seattle, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam... you get the idea.
  • Feb 2, 2007, 10:12 AM
    J_9
    Laura, you can drag Millie here, we have a built in baby sitter. Rae is taking her Red Cross Babysitter certification in a few weeks. She would LOVE to have a houseful of kiddos. Yeah, and she could save more money to come visit you.
  • Feb 2, 2007, 10:14 AM
    curlybenswife
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9
    Laura, you can drag Millie here, we have a built in baby sitter. Rae is taking her Red Cross Babysitter certification in a few weeks. She would LOVE to have a houseful of kiddos. Yeah, and she could save more money to come visit you.

Ok J are you up for doing a bank job then lol then we can all go on holiday hell excon can give us some tips giggle giggle ;)
  • Feb 2, 2007, 10:22 AM
    J_9
    We could meet at the Peabody, or the Blue's City Café or B.B King's

All on Beale Street. Vist Graceland, etc etc.
  • Feb 2, 2007, 10:33 AM
    labman
    My first question is can I bring my dog?
  • Feb 2, 2007, 10:52 AM
    J_9
    Oh, yes. I have a dog sitter too. Fenced in one acre yard for when we go to Beale Street. Other than that dogs are VERY welcome at the festival. We take our 2 labs and our Bassett Hound every year.
  • Feb 2, 2007, 05:05 PM
    wizzkid89
    Sounds like fun count me in... I love to travel and I have quite a few miles stored up. I have never been to memphis but I have heard about their bbq competition... slow and low!
  • Feb 2, 2007, 05:06 PM
    J_9
    You know it Wizz, takes all weekend to cook 'em good!!
  • Feb 3, 2007, 09:12 AM
    excon
    Hello J:

Since you're there, why don't you call a couple of hotels and see if they have anything available for Memphis in May? Are we too late?

excon