Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Family & People (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   How can I love my stepmom? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=206328)

• Apr 15, 2008, 08:53 PM
    CluesslySmart
    How can I love my stepmom?
    My dad wants me to love his new wife. But I hate her for replacing my previous stepmother Nicole, who I really loved. I don't have a problem with my parents dating other people, they've been divorced since I was a baby. But in this case specifically I really don't like this woman. My dad says that if she makes him happy, I should love her, and I try, I really do. Also, they're really loud in the bedroom and I've confronted my dad about it umptine times but he apparently takes no notice. I understand it's a natural part of life , but they could keep it down or they could do it when I'm not in the house. (they send me away to reltives houses as often as possible anyway) I want my dad to be happy, so I want to love this new woman, but when I'm nice to her and make an attempt, she acts extra mean. Then when my dad comes around to investigate she acts victimized and I get in trouble. Someone please help. Its almost summer and in June I have a trip to cali to see my dad. Does anyone have advice on how I can love her?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  • Apr 15, 2008, 11:22 PM
    justcurious55
    Specifically, what have you done to be closer to your new stepmom. If you've put in an honest effort and things just are not working out maybe its time to stop visitng dad.

On another note, its not fair to hate her for replacing your other step mom because that's not her fault. Its your father who broke it off with the other one and brought someone new into the house.
  • Apr 15, 2008, 11:36 PM
    O_Troubles
    You know you don't have to love her. If you don't then don't. You can't be made to love anyone or its not really love. Tolerate her, be courtious to her she is your elder. But I agree with justcurious if it gets to the point where your dad won't listen to you asking them to kep it down and the stepmom is trying to get your dad oh herside mabit you shouldn't visit anymore. Mabie ask for days or weekends of just your dads time but just because he loved someone it doesn't mean you hate to he should understand that. I mean how many parents don't like who you date, and act rude or tell you to dump them... at least your trying. Also try telling your dad that your trying to be nice to the new step mom but you feel she's trying to make you out to be the bad guy see what happenens...
  • Apr 16, 2008, 12:06 AM
    justcurious55
    o_troubles has some good advice. I just want to add to it though. Be careful about how you approach your father about these things. If you come off as a whiney little brat of course he won't listen (not saying you have), so make sure that you're coming off as mature and respectful.
  • Apr 16, 2008, 06:42 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CluesslySmart
    My dad wants me to love his new wife. But I hate her for replacing my previous stepmother Nicole, who I really loved. I don't have a problem with my parents dating other people, theyve been divorced since I was a baby. But in this case specifically I really don't like this woman. My dad says that if she makes him happy, I should love her, and i try, i really do. Also, theyre really loud in the bedroom and I've confronted my dad about it umptine times but he apparently takes no notice. I understand its a natural part of life , but they could keep it down or they could do it when i'm not in the house. (they send me away to reltives houses as often as possible anyway) I want my dad to be happy, so i want to love this new woman, but when i'm nice to her and make an attempt, she acts extra mean. Then when my dad comes around to investigate she acts victimized and I get in trouble. someone please help. Its almost summer and in June I have a trip to cali to see my dad. Does anyone have advice on how I can love her?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Same post three times - should be combined.
  • Apr 18, 2008, 05:25 AM
    ajewett16
    Well... I know what you are going through because it is going on in my life. Anyway... it is hard because you got used to your previous stepmom and then she's not the love of your dads life anymore and that can be hard. I would just talk to your dad about your problem. He can't do anything about her, like he can't get rid of her but he can talk to you about what's bothing you. Just try and get to like her. She's in your dads life so you need to accept her at some point. Good luck and I hope it goes OK.
  • Apr 19, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Hippopotamus
    Just respect her and you will earn her respect. Maybe you will come to really like her.
  • Apr 28, 2008, 03:08 PM
    lovely24
    Hun aless she is trying to be their and take care of you there are a lot of moms who don't even care about their kids aless you have a mom and a dad some kids don't even have 1...