Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dentistry (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   How can I naturally sharpen my teeth without causing adverse effects? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=432817)

• Jan 7, 2010, 08:00 PM
    EmoPrincess
    How can I naturally sharpen my teeth without causing adverse effects?
    Using non-surgical or non-chemical methods, how can I sharpen my teeth? No I am not going for the "vampire look." Emo Princess is just a nickname my fiancé calls me.
  • Jan 7, 2010, 08:04 PM
    hheath541

Why do you want to sharpen your teeth? Are you aiming for pointed canines? Sharp edges on your front teeth?

Knowing that may help people know how to answer you.
  • Jan 7, 2010, 08:15 PM
    EmoPrincess
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    why do you want to sharpen your teeth? are you aiming for pointed canines? sharp edges on your front teeth?

knowing that may help people know how to answer you.

I want pointed canines and sharper front teeth, since I don't have fingernails and my hands are weak, I use my teeth for most things.
  • Jan 7, 2010, 08:58 PM
    hheath541

Have you talked to a dentist about it?
  • Jan 7, 2010, 09:08 PM
    EmoPrincess

Kind of poor... Loly, I don't go often. Last time they put porcelain over my teeth to preserve them since I've never had a cavity or anything. Now I have shattered bits of it stuck in my molars
  • Jan 7, 2010, 09:36 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    I want pointed canines and sharper front teeth, since I don't have fingernails and my hands are weak, I use my teeth for most things.

What do you mean you don't have fingernails?
  • Jan 7, 2010, 09:46 PM
    EmoPrincess

I lack fingernails
  • Jan 7, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Alty

Do you mean that they're short or that they're gone?
  • Jan 7, 2010, 09:55 PM
    EmoPrincess

There is no nail
  • Jan 7, 2010, 10:29 PM
    hheath541

How did that happen?
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:01 PM
    EmoPrincess

You know not everything I do is self inflicted. I have a lot of health issues. They don't grow right
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:05 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

you know not everything I do is self inflicted. I have a lot of health issues. They don't grow right

I'm sorry I said that.

The only person I ever knew that didn't have nails was my mom and she lost them because of chemo treatments.

Do you get enough iron, calcium, other vitamins in your diet?

There are ways to make your nails grow a bit better. Nails that don't grow are usually a symptom of something lacking in your nutritional intake.

Have you ever talked to a doctor about this?

I don't know any way to safely sharpen you teeth, so I would suggest trying to safely grow your nails. ;)
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:08 PM
    EmoPrincess

I sometimes don't eat for a few days, then I'll pig out. I try not to eat often because my dad makes me feel guilty for it
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:12 PM
    Alty

A large part of having health nails, and teeth, is a good diet.

Pigging out will only make things worse.

Is it possible for you to start taking a multi vitamin? That would help a lot, not only with our nails and teeth but with your entire well being.

Not eating for days is really unhealthy. You're doing a lot of damage to your body. You need to look after yourself, you only get one shot at this life, this body, so take care of it.
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:16 PM
    EmoPrincess

I'm still in the process of winning a war against an eating disorder... as for vitamins, no. But when allowed, I do get some organic vitamin supplement drinks
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:23 PM
    hheath541
    If you do end up being able to take a multivitamin, I would suggest a child or prenatal vitamin. Both have slightly larger amount of the vitamins and minerals you need, and both will help you nails grow better. Prenatal vitamins, especially, are good for your hair and nails.
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:23 PM
    EmoPrincess

Multi-vitmans are an extra cost to my family and not absolutely needed, I'd feel bad for asking for them
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:24 PM
    EmoPrincess
    Legally I can in August, financially, it'll be a while
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:24 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

I'm still in the proccess of winning a war against an eating disorder... as for vitamins, no. But when allowed, I do get some organic vitamin supplement drinks

The eating disorder is most likely why your nails aren't growing properly. Once you get back on track then I'm pretty sure that your nails will go back to normal.

Vitamins are a great idea. Vitamin supplement drinks are okay, but if you only get them once in a while, they won't do a lot of good.

Multi vitamins don't cost that much. I think it's a wise investment in your case.
  • Jan 7, 2010, 11:27 PM
    EmoPrincess

I feel guilty for asking for shoes each year. I only usually only will ask for things when offered. I've been trying since I was really young to get over the eating disorder. Now I don't force myself to vomit, but I still will binge eat and starve.