Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   Starty lost her husband today (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=783860)

• Feb 8, 2014, 03:48 PM
    Catsmine
    Starty lost her husband today
    Those of you who've been around awhile may remember Startover69 (was that the right number?). She hasn't posted in a long while but we're Facebook friends. She lost her husband of 21 years today. Anyone wishing to contribute to a stuffed animals basket (no allergies that way) send me a PM
  • Feb 8, 2014, 03:56 PM
    Alty
    Thanks for starting this thread Cats. I didn't know what to say. I'm definitely in. Getting R to put the cash in paypal right now.

My heart goes out to Starty and her 4 kids.
  • Feb 8, 2014, 04:22 PM
    Alty
    I'm hoping others contribute as well. This is family, our AMHD family. This is what makes this site great.

Just to hit it home, you may all remember Starbuck, or as we called her, the duck. She became a duck because of Startover and an unfortunate spelling mistake one Canada day. Canadians call themselves canucks. Starty (Startover) posted on AMHD wishing all her Canadian "canduck" friends, a happy Canada day.

Starbuck (RIP) wrote "I'm a duck?"

Starby has been gone for many years now. Because of her death many of us reached out to her family, and befriended them.

Starbucks sister, whose name I won't post because she's not a member of AMHD, and has no username here, is contributing for the care package we're sending to Startover. Why? In memory of her sister Starbuck, and the wonderful friends she had here on AMHD.

We're family! Even if you can only contribute $5, please do. This is about one of our own, and her loss. The fact that so many people have already contributed, it just makes me cry even harder, because it shows how much we really do care about each other. We're not just faceless nameless people on the internet. We're family!
  • Feb 8, 2014, 04:26 PM
    J_9
    Startover21 was her name and numbers. My heart is broken for her. While they had their troubles, hence the name StartOVER, They were such a wonderful couple. Not only did they raise their own children, but they were also foster parents over the years.

For once I am at a loss for words.
  • Feb 8, 2014, 04:31 PM
    Catsmine
    Thanks for the number, J. It has been awhile.
  • Feb 8, 2014, 04:34 PM
    Alty
    Cats, just to lighten the mood a bit, I do have to point out that I'm not at all surprised that you came up with the number 69 to follow her username. ;)
  • Feb 8, 2014, 04:35 PM
    Catsmine
    I used that on purpose to get corrected quickly.
  • Feb 8, 2014, 04:35 PM
    J_9
    Yeah, it's been a very long time. She and I were friends on FB and have some mutual friends in Alaska. This is just heartbreaking news. Dustin was so young.
  • Feb 8, 2014, 04:52 PM
    Synnen
    My heart just breaks for her. She was such a nice woman, always thinking of others.
  • Feb 8, 2014, 04:58 PM
    Alty
    She left shortly after Starby died. I think she just couldn't be here anymore after that. And then Cherry shortly after. It was too much for many of the members. Stringer, Starty, Bear, Friend4U, just to name a few, just couldn't continue posting after those tragic losses.

But many of us became friends because of this site, and carried that friendship on to fb, calling each other, sending gifts to each other, emailing, any form of communication we could have. But this site is what brought us together.

She hasn't posted in years, but that doesn't make her any less one of the AMHD family. This is where we all met, and this group is what it's all about. Family. This is what makes this site work, and this is why we need to be here for Startover and her children, right now. She's one of us. She deserves our support. After all, that's why we came her to begin with. Support.
  • Feb 8, 2014, 07:15 PM
    startover22
    Hi everyone. Thank you for loving up on me. Its been so long, I know the love still grows on and on between so many of you and I. Thank you so much
  • Feb 8, 2014, 07:26 PM
    Catsmine
    You came Back! You've been missed.
  • Feb 8, 2014, 07:28 PM
    J_9
    I had the numbers wrong too! Oh, Ne, I am just heartbroken to hear this. I just wish I were closer to lend a hand, or a hug, or just a shoulder to cry on. My sincerest condolences go to you and the kids.
  • Feb 8, 2014, 07:40 PM
    talaniman
    >Cyber hug, tight and heart felt<
  • Feb 8, 2014, 07:51 PM
    Alty
    Starty, you are missed here, every day. So glad you posted. I hope you know that we're all here for you any way we can be. I can't even begin to express in words, how my heart feels for you and your children right now. I can only imagine what you're all going through, and I truly hope I never have to do more than imagine it.

My heart goes out to you and your beautiful children. Love you so much. Know that we're all here for you, whatever you need we'll do our best to make it happen. You're family!
  • Feb 8, 2014, 07:59 PM
    smoothy
    Sorry to hear that...rough thing to for someone to go through. I think they were before my time here, or just posted in differnt forums... I don't seem to recognise that username.
  • Feb 9, 2014, 07:24 AM
    mogrann
    My thoughts are with you and your loved ones. You have great friends here on AMHD that care and I am sure they will help however they can. I did not know you as I joined after you left, but have made a donation to a dog rescue I support in Brazil, in your husbands memory. I asked Alty if you were animal people and she said yes.
  • Feb 21, 2014, 06:09 PM
    startover22
    I just wanted to give a heartfelt THANK YOU, to all of you for your love and for the gift certificate. My family and I will put it to good use. Love to all of you! Lot's of HUGS!
  • Feb 21, 2014, 06:10 PM
    Catsmine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    I just wanted to give a heartfelt THANK YOU, to all of you for your love and for the gift certificate. My family and I will put it to good use. Love to all of you! Lot's of HUGS!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Starty}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
  • Feb 21, 2014, 06:11 PM
    Cat1864
    Quote:

Originally Posted by startover22 View Post

Love and hugs to you, too. :)