Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Sexual Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=562)
-   -   Losing my virginity (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=819515)

• Dec 17, 2015, 09:25 AM
    Autumn_Carie
    Losing my virginity
    I am 17 and A virgin I have a boyfriend who ,I have been dating for 6 months now he is 18 and he wants to have sex with me this December, I told him I want to remain a virgin for a few more years but he still insists,I trust him and I am totally comfortable with him please help
  • Dec 17, 2015, 10:10 AM
    smoothy
    He'd obviously have sex with a sheep if he had one nearby. Or anyone else that would drop their panties. Keep that in mind.

Do what YOU want, not what he wants.

You could end up pregnant... and he will take off leaving you to raise it alone. Not to mention with people your age over 28% have HPV infections... which can cause cervical cancer. Then there are all the other STD's.

People usually get infected by people "the trust".
  • Dec 17, 2015, 10:35 AM
    catonsville
    If you have made it to 17 good for you, don't give it away just because he wants it.
    All guys his age want it, that is why he was given " Ma Thumb and her Four Daughters"
  • Dec 17, 2015, 10:52 AM
    Oliver2011
    "I want to remain a virgin for a few more years"

If he truly cares about you he will respect your decision to wait.
  • Dec 17, 2015, 11:05 AM
    joypulv
    This isn't deciding how much to spend on an apartment.
    Not wanting sex WINS over wanting it. He is free to leave if he doesn't want to wait. Any man who 'insists' gives me the creeps. To me it means that your entire lives together could result in him 'insisting' on any major decision.
  • Dec 17, 2015, 11:29 AM
    Wondergirl
    "In a few more years," you will be glad you said no to this guy.
  • Dec 17, 2015, 11:51 AM
    tickle
    If he is 'still insisting' and not respecting your wishes, run the other way as fast as you can !
  • Dec 17, 2015, 12:53 PM
    talaniman
    Being comfortable with a guy of 6 month doesn't mean you he gets the right to insist on changing what you have set as your own preference, or goal. Where is the respect in that? A guy that cannot wait until YOU are ready for such an event as giving yourself to him isn't worth having.

Maybe you should re evaluate this fellow of 6 months with a higher standard, or get more facts about his true nature to go along with those feelings of "comfort". Next time he insists, insist on his commitment, like marriage and parenthood... before he gets sex.

See what he says and pay attention because FACT is YOU get pregnant no matter how many, or what types of birth control you use... he DOES NOT! LOL, a lot can change with young comfortable love, and chances are a year from now you may not be comfortable with him as you are now.

If you are not ready for sex, be honest enough to say so. Pay close attention to his reaction, when you stick to your guns. His insistence for you to do something you do not want to do is disrespectful.

​Is this the first guy you have gotten comfortable with that has pressed you for sex?
  • Dec 17, 2015, 01:03 PM
    talaniman
    PS, You cannot LOSE your virginity... you give it away.
  • Dec 17, 2015, 02:02 PM
    ScottGem
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn_Carie View Post
    I want to remain a virgin for a few more years but he still insists

Bolded portion mine! You lost me right there. A guy who truly cares about you DOES NOT INSIST. As long as he insists you resist. Sexual intimacy should be reserved for people in a long term committed relationship. 6 Months is not yet long term. And 18/17 is too young for a committed relationship.
  • Dec 17, 2015, 03:20 PM
    ma0641
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    PS, You cannot LOSE your virginity... you give it away.

AMEN! Then they will start posting "Am I pregnant", it was only my first time!
  • Dec 18, 2015, 05:36 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    If he loves you, really loves you, he can wait,

If he is insisting, after only 6 months, you need to tell him no,and that if he wants to be demanding, you can date someone else.

Respect yourself more.