Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Holidays & Observances (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Jesus is the reason for the season (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=15941)

• Dec 10, 2005, 08:40 AM
    lilfyre
    Jesus is the reason for the season
    As Christmas is almost here, what are you looking forward to the most?

We are putting up our tree Sunday after church; it is a tradition, to do this on the second Sunday of the month. I can never wait to get it in the house. We always cook a large meal and invite friends and family to eat and decorate the tree every one brings good goodie to eat with them. It is always seem to be such a comforting time for me, and as the house begins to fill with the smell of the Christmas tree and good food it seem to set the mood for the rest of December. There is nothing better to me than my family and a smile. What are you looking forward to this year?
  • Dec 10, 2005, 09:36 AM
    JoeCanada76
    What I am looking forward to is surprising my family for christmas. They have no idea that I plan on going down. It is close to a 20 hour drive. Do not know if we will be taking the bus or just driving. Never drove down there for the winter. I am looking forward to it, I am probably going to pack two weeks in advance. I enjoy shock value, especially when they do not expect it.

Joe
  • Dec 10, 2005, 11:41 AM
    lilfyre
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    What I am looking forward to is surprising my family for christmas. They have no idea that I plan on going down. It is close to a 20 hour drive. Do not know if we will be taking the bus or just driving. Never drove down there for the winter. I am looking forward to it, I am probably going to pack two weeks in advance. I enjoy shock value, especially when they do not expect it.

Joe

Wow that will be so nice. :o I think I posted this wrong because no one answering it, I thought more people would. I think it is the title, maybe I will repost it again later with a different title (Driving) be safe, hugs and kisses for your family. You will be the best present they get. :)
  • Dec 11, 2005, 05:34 AM
    JoeCanada76
    Jesus is the reason for the season, No need to change the title. All :) .
    Everybody have a Merry Christmas, and enjoy.
  • Dec 11, 2005, 06:53 AM
    fredg
    Christmas
    Hi,
    Merry Christmas to you all also. As already said, Jesus is the reason for Christmas.
    Our family, lives 5 hrs. away, will be with us on Christmas, enjoying the tree, each other, and our grandson (8) will be the center of attention, as usual.
    Church is very important to us, and will attend.
    Be very careful in your travels, and always drive "defensively", never "offensively"... better to be wrong and safe, than to be right and maybe dead.
  • Dec 11, 2005, 07:13 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Season
    This will be a little sadder Chrsitmas, Dad's health has turned a lot worst and he will not be able to be back in his home this Christmas.
    (he will not be getting better, he is in a secure nursing home)
    He does not even reconise us most of the time.

We will go see him, but Christmas will not be the same this year.
    But we will enjoy seeing him while we still can.