Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Teaching (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=322)
-   -   Talking english (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=5510)

• Jun 30, 2003, 01:53 AM
    shashin
    Talking english
    I have a problem in talking frequently english I can understand write and do every thing but iff some one talks with me I get confused plzzz help me
  • Feb 2, 2004, 10:21 PM
    Krystal
    talking english
    Watch the news each night in English. You will soon learn all the peculiarities of our wonderful language!
  • Jun 3, 2004, 12:37 AM
    EVS
    talking english
    Hi there

I agree with Krystal, Watch the news and read, read and read

Regard
    Peanuts
  • Aug 3, 2004, 02:20 AM
    rajkumar_singh
    talking english
    I have a problem in talking frequently english I can understand write and do every thing but iff some one talks with me I get confused plzzz help me ?
  • Sep 26, 2004, 05:19 AM
    tyrono1
    talking english
    If you can obtain a recording of an educated native English reader reading a text you are able simultaneously to see and read, you will find this will enable you brain to learn from what it sees as well as from what it hears, and these both simultaneously.

Previous respondents have recommended watching TV news in English; if your TV has a facility for imposing subtitles in English you should use that at all times.
  • Nov 22, 2006, 07:40 AM
    nice boy
    Comment on tyrono1's post
    I thank u reding book nad news pepar and watching TV english after u improv talking.
  • Apr 2, 2008, 01:07 PM
    mahmoudeladwy
    I was suffering from the same problem but I'm trying now to watch english movies frequently and news in engglis and I thinki got better
    And I think that you have to be able to talk in eng every time this will help you because to get betterr in something you have to do it practically
    Because practice is the solution
    Don't b shy
    Talk and have mistake and you will learn from your mistakes,it is better for you
    Thanks
  • Apr 7, 2008, 10:17 PM
    sumavamsi_j
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rajkumar_singh
    i have a problem in talking frequently english i can understand write and do every thing but iff some one talks with me i get confused plzzz help me ?

Only ANSWER the question on this page here. Do NOT ASK a question.

I have a problem in talking frequently english I can understand write and do every thing

But iff some one talks with me I get confused plzzz help me ?

You are NOT logged in.
  • Apr 7, 2008, 10:21 PM
    sumavamsi_j

I have a problem in talking frequently english I can understand write and do every thing

But iff some one talks with me I get confused plzzz help me

You are NOT logged in.
  • Apr 17, 2008, 01:24 AM
    praveenw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shashin
    i have a problem in talking frequently english i can understand write and do every thing but iff some one talks with me i get confused plzzz help me

My view:This is one of the prevailing problems. So, don’t feel insulated because there are many who are like you and few are worst than you.
    But it is very important to understand that why you remain tight lipped when someone speaks in English with us. According to me there are two main reasons. First, the threat of filling embrace if you speak wrong which other person can sense easily. But the only way to offshoot this problem is to speak, do mistakes feel bad about it and remember these mistakes and avoid them in future.
    Secondly, some time after discussion (in English) we feel that we haven’t contributed and if I had been good in English I could have contributed. Do this exercise; imagine that if that meeting were in your mother tongue language, than what you could have said many times, nothing concrete. Second problem is many times we remain tight lipped in official meetings because we have no clear thoughts to articulate
  • Jun 21, 2010, 09:37 AM
    mo0ony
    I want to speak more quickly but I can't and I can't understand what the people who's talking quickly talking about..!
  • Oct 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
    souhila11
    I can undrestand, but I have problems with pronunciation and saying long phrases, what can I do to improve my speaking?
  • Oct 23, 2010, 01:09 PM
    souhila11
    Comment on mo0ony's post
    I was like you but I listened to radio too much and spacially to BBC learning english, it's useful, do the same as me!
    Good Luck!
  • Nov 23, 2010, 04:30 PM
    jamilshees
    I can undrestand, but I have problems with pronunciation and saying long phrases, what can I do to improve my speaking?

• Feb 22, 2011, 03:46 AM
    nasrini
    Hi
  • Feb 25, 2011, 11:24 PM
    CassQueen26
    The best thing to do to get better at understanding is by paying really good attention to word for word... And practicing with someone you're close to is actually a really good idea. It would make you feel way more comfortable than practicing in public if you feel that you would do a mistake.
  • Oct 8, 2011, 08:10 AM
    PRADHUMAN
    What is sentence
  • Feb 7, 2012, 02:02 AM
    q8mylove
    Same proplem :(