Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Marriage (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   I'm 17 and I got married , what should I do? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=188601)

• Feb 26, 2008, 03:36 PM
    FIGHTERFORLIFE
    Im 17 and I got married , what should I do?
    Hi my name is maria and I'm 17, my husband is 18. We got married because we loved each other but the main reason for getting married so young was because he wanted to help me get my citizenship. Since I have been here all my life but I wasn't born here(mexico) and I was having trouble with getting a job and license. I love him dearly but we have a lot of financial problems which have made our relationship rocky. I have been close a couple times to getting an anullment, because of those problems and because I'm very independent. I love him dearly, and we have only been married for four months.
    He also has stomach cancer, what should I do! Help me
  • Feb 26, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Alty
    It sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place.

Let me get this straight, correct me if I'm wrong. You want to leave because of financial problems and the fact that he has stomach cancer?

Whatever happened to "In sickness and in health, for richer or poorer til death do us part?"

Getting your citizenship is the worst reason in the world to get married. You are young, but that is no excuse. I hate to say it, but you made your bed, now you have to lay in it.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but really, did you think that marriage would be easy. It's not like playing house, you have actual responsibilities and you are the one who has to deal with them.

If you do decide to get a divorce then I hope that you think long and hard before walking down the isle the next time.

Good luck.
  • Feb 26, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Marriedguy
    It very clear that you were not ready to be married. First let me tell that all relationship have problem some small and some huge. I wouldn't recommend you marriage annulled just because the relationship is having financial problems. Most marriages have financial issue. In a marriage you have to drop your independent and become interdependant on each other.

If this something that your are not ready for I sugguest you go through the annullment.

Sorry to hear that he has stomach cancer. There is treatment for stomach cancer and he can live a long life if treated correct.
  • Feb 26, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Yes, you were far to young to get married, but that is water under the bridge, since you are. Now you have to work at it. Each state has their own laws about illegals getting drivers license. And getting married will not really be a automatic way to become one. But you need to get a job, and while I don't approve of illegal labor, heavens know it is everywhere, you go and find a job the best way you can.
  • Feb 26, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Mr_am
    I agree with Altenweg... Anyway financial problems could not last forever. Stick to your marriage.
  • Mar 6, 2008, 07:26 PM
    1023mya
    It kind of seems to me your being a little selfish. Marriage is about compromising, being there for each other and supporting each other. Financial problems happen in every new marriage. I've been married for almost 7 months but, I don't take our finanical problems out on my husband. When you marry someone you marry there family, friends ,lifestyle, problems, acheviements , weaknesses,and certianly there health problems. I think you really need to sit down and really think about what your doing. It's not just about you anymore. It's about you and your husband. I don't have the greatest marriage were having problems. But your not going to get anymore playing the blame game. I'm not trying to be mean. I wish you the best of luck. God Bless your husband my heart goes out to him. My Husbands mother had breast cancer and she passed away 5 days after my husband and I got married. I feel for you both.
  • Mar 7, 2008, 01:23 AM
    nicki143
    All relationships have problems financial and illness among other things that what will make your relationship stronger in the long run coming through these things