Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Electrical & Lighting (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=28197)

• Jun 23, 2006, 01:51 PM
    mrsvidana
    Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem
    Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords (white,black and blue) and on the other side it has (blk and white). The other thing is that when we went to change the box it didn't have on does that mean that fan had it built in? Should I attach the grey box and the remote will work. Or do I need to take the fan apart to look for the other grey box. :(
  • Jun 26, 2006, 08:52 PM
    ceilingfanrepair
    You want a new replacement remote, not remote kit. They sell Universal remotes that should work fine. When you get it, match the frequency to that of the fan.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php
  • Mar 30, 2009, 12:15 PM
    rclc0104

My remote will not turn the light on. I can turn on the fan with my wall switch and control the fan blades with my remote, but the remote will not turn on and turn off the light?
  • Mar 30, 2009, 12:23 PM
    rclc0104
    The remote will not turn on the light and fan. I can turn on the light with the wall switch and then I can turn on the fan with the remote. I cannot turn off the light with the remote?
  • Mar 30, 2009, 12:34 PM
    rclc0104
    The remote will not turn on the light and fan. I can turn on the light with the wall switch and then I can turn on the fan with the remote. I cannot turn off the light with the remote. I then programed the frequency from another Hampton remote to match that works and it still does not work?
  • Apr 1, 2009, 07:14 PM
    ceilingfanrepair

Did it ever work? If not, check the wiring. If so, bad receiver.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
  • Apr 27, 2009, 05:47 PM
    liz robson
    I Have a Hampton Bay ceiling remote fan. On the remote it says

FCC No. G9P28TAUC 7030T

Model No. UC7030T

Serial No 9601

Then a big 09267

The remote will not turn the fan on or off and will also not turn the lights on or off.

What can I do.
  • Apr 27, 2009, 06:45 PM
    ballengerb1

Congrats, you too have tagged alone on a post that is nearly 3 years old, several others have too. Open a new post by clicking ASK at the top of the page. In the maentime check the small dip switches on both the remote and the receiver, they must match perfectly.
  • May 4, 2009, 10:25 PM
    ceilingfanrepair

Does the LED on the remote still light? Usually a bad receiver.

• Jul 2, 2009, 04:47 PM
    celenabarrera
    I was just wanting to know how to reprogram the brand new remote I just bought?
  • Jul 2, 2009, 04:48 PM
    celenabarrera

I need to know how to reprogram the new remote I just bought for my fan.
  • Jul 21, 2009, 01:48 AM
    ceilingfanrepair

You don't program remotes. You make sure the dip switches match those in the fan receiver:

• Jan 13, 2010, 07:57 PM
    cccc
    I have the hampton bay fan, the remote cannt turn the fan off, but the remote can do reverse the fan, the light on/off without any problem. How can I fix the problem? I waste a lot of electric on my last PG&G bill. Please help.
  • Jan 27, 2010, 02:07 AM
    ceilingfanrepair

Fans actually don't use a lot of electricity, so the fan is not the reason your bill is high.

When you push the off button, does the LED light?

• Jul 12, 2010, 04:03 PM
    jjmoose
    I wish not to remove the ceiling fan to reset my receiver.I
  • Jul 12, 2010, 04:21 PM
    ceilingfanrepair

Do you have a question?
  • Dec 31, 2011, 01:05 PM
    marusitto
    I need replace the blades (small side)