Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Home & Garden (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Stain removel (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=156131)

• Nov 26, 2007, 09:25 AM
    leti1980
    Stain removel
    What's the best stain remover to get baby food stains from my baby's clothes that I could buy in the uk? Thanks
  • Nov 27, 2007, 06:36 AM
    curlybenswife
    Hiya hunn, try ace and oxi spray treatment together about the only things I can use to get anything out and wash at 50 otherwise they just stay stained and look flipping awfull.
  • Nov 27, 2007, 07:40 AM
    leti1980
    Ahh thanks will give it a go have spoilt and thrown away so many things now!
    Thanks again leti
  • Nov 27, 2007, 09:09 AM
    curlybenswife
    I know what you mean I really do its really frustrating isn't it, I've started buying the multi packs of tops now from places like tescos then it really doesn't matter if they get destroyed, carrot and chocolate are the worlds worse Oxi used to do a specific strain treatment for baby's but the morons stopped it that used to be brill ill never forget we were at the hospital for a pre check up for me and millie decided she didn't like her lunch and threw the lot up over the most lovely little dress I was so proud of it and I thought it was ruined but that oxi stuff worked wonders.
  • Nov 27, 2007, 03:38 PM
    jack dandy
    Another option might be Shout It Out, it comes in a small bottle with an aplicator tip to help loosen the stain. I've used it and it works great for heavy stains.
  • Nov 28, 2007, 01:39 AM
    leti1980
    Hi can yo buy shout it out in the uk?
  • Nov 28, 2007, 02:40 AM
    curlybenswife
    Ive never seen it leti I have to admit but that sounds like the kind of thing you would find in robert dryas they do some pretty weird stain removal stuff but I'm always dubious for a baby/toddlers clothes.
  • Nov 28, 2007, 03:42 AM
    leti1980
    Yer think I will try oxi and ace going sainsburys today so will give it and giveit a go tonight. Think I will also get some things to wear round the house to play in! You know what its like with your first and a girl you want them to look lovely all day but there is no point dressing her up to stay in! Thanks for all your help leti
  • Nov 28, 2007, 03:57 AM
    curlybenswife
    TU do packs of three tops hunn for 4.99 its all I buy now unless it's a special occasion for the pure fact I got so fed up with having clothes ruined you could also look on eBay for bundles of clothes secomd hand doesn't matter if they get trashed I'm done dressing millie in nice hear for every day its just a falso economy.

I warn you now though the only place I've seen the oxi spray is tesco but then our local sainsburys isn't that big.
  • Nov 28, 2007, 04:07 AM
    leti1980
    Oh OK thanks think I have seen it in my sainsburys. Yer your right it is false economy.
  • Nov 28, 2007, 06:15 PM
    lovelesspa
    Here's a few I tried, try soaking the stain with dish soap just let set for about 30 minutes before washing.
    Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with 50/50 water, spray on stain let set 30 minutes and then wash.
    50/50 vinegar and water, let set 30-60 minutes, then wash.