Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Heating & Air Conditioning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Carrier 16 Seer infinity split system heat pump (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=243945)

• Jul 31, 2008, 04:38 PM
    jahfred
    Carrier 16 Seer infinity split system heat pump
    I live in the Leesburg, Florida area(outskirts of Orlando, Florida) and is considering using tthree ( 2, 3, and 4 ton) Carrier 16 SEER infinity series heat pumps in a new construction. Can anyone provide a breakdown of the average cost of each condenser (25HNA6... ), fan coil (FE4) and infinity controller?

Jahfred
  • Jul 31, 2008, 07:20 PM
    wmproop
    The salesperson/installer /contracter should be able to answer your questions,if not he should find out,, if not,, you may need to consider another installer
  • Jul 31, 2008, 07:44 PM
    letmetellu
    Add the amps used by each of the three units, multiply this number by 240 ( for the voltage ) this will give you the watts per hour. Then find out from your electric provider the charge per kilowatt hour. Then it will be up to you to determine how many hours you will run the units per month to find out the monthly bill, just for the units.
  • Jul 31, 2008, 07:47 PM
    letmetellu
    Of course I forgot to add the city and state, county and federal taxes, and then I am sure there will be a Fuel adjustment charge.
  • Aug 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
    jahfred
    Quote:

Originally Posted by letmetellu
    Add the amps used by each of the three units, multiply this number by 240 ( for the voltage ) this will give you the watts per hour. Then find out from your electric provider the charge per kilowatt hour. Then it will be up to you to determine how many hours you will run the units per month to find out the monthly bill, just for the units.

Thanks for this information. However, I am actually interested in the price of the actual systems.
  • Aug 8, 2008, 07:05 PM
    hvac1000
    Thanks for this information. However, I am actually interested in the price of the actual systems

Sorry but there is no way we can give you a price on the system requirements for your home.Equipment and labor costs change depending upon where you live in the USA.

My recommendation is to call 2 or 3 local contractors and get estimates. This way it will be accurate.
  • Aug 10, 2008, 11:16 PM
    jahfred
    At the present point in the process, I am merely interested in a ballpark figure to aid in the decision making process. Particularly, what is the price - not including labor - of the FE4ANF003 and FE4ANB006 carrier infinity series air handlers? A ballpark figure would be greatly appreciated.
  • Aug 11, 2008, 06:28 AM
    hvac1000
    My recommendation is to call 2 or 3 local contractors and get estimates. This way it will be accurate

Unless you are a Carrier dealer you cannot get a price. A Carrier dealer will not post a price here. There is no such thing as a ball park price. SEE above.

Sorry but that is the way it is.