Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Songs (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=484)
-   -   Know of any Sarcastic songs? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=113215)

• Jul 24, 2007, 08:48 PM
    AKaeTrue
    Know of any Sarcastic songs?
    Does anyone know of any sarcastic songs?
    Example: songs that make fun of other songs, songs that make fun of funny situations, etc.
    Anything goes really...
    Know of any?
  • Jul 24, 2007, 08:52 PM
    modular01
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    Example: songs that make fun of other songs, songs that make fun of funny situations, etc.
    Anything goes really...
    Know of any?

Don't know if this fits your description but:

"I'm an @sshole" by Dennis Leary is good.
  • Jul 24, 2007, 08:52 PM
    modular01
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    Anything goes really...
    Know of any?

Or heck, almost any Weird Al Yankovic song.
  • Jul 25, 2007, 04:26 AM
    Ken 297
    If you like political satire then Paul Shanklin is great.
    You can download samples at Political Parodies : Conservative Humor | Home Page
  • Jul 25, 2007, 04:41 AM
    NeedKarma
    Many od Eminem's songs are sarcastic, like "Without Me".
  • Jul 25, 2007, 04:56 AM
    shygrneyzs
    Dave Chapelle is pretty good with the sarcasm but that is mostly comedy routines. Have seen a couple song makeovers on his show. But Weird Al is the best on satire and music.
  • Jul 25, 2007, 05:30 AM
    StripClubDJBobbyMac
    Go to any search engine or download a category to get a huge list of songs, (thats what I do anyway when I run out of the ones I know) for more ideas. The categories you might be looking for are PARODY, COMEDY, FUNNY, and even DIS (yeah it sounds stupid but DIS is a category now) also, I get lots of great stuff from morning shows on the radio so also try searching OPIE and ANTHONY, BOB and TOM, HOWARD STERN, ad your local radio shows for stuff. As far as regular artists with sarcastic music, I will check my library at work and send you another post tonight... HOPE IT HELPS -BMAC-
  • Jul 25, 2007, 10:28 AM
    AKaeTrue
    I was searching weird al and I came across the song and video for White & Nerdy
    That makes fun of the song Riding Dirty -
    And the song Winnie in a bottle (which may not be for some) that makes fun of the song genie in a bottle -
    OMG so funny!!

The stuff I humor myself with - LOL

I've found a lot of good ones
    And just want to say thanks!
  • Jul 25, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Capuchin
    I love albuquerque! And everything you know is wrong! I know all the words to both! Damn you Weird Al!
  • Jul 25, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Canada_Sweety
    Look up Rodney Carrington... He's a comedian who also does songs... I love him.:)