Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cyberculture (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Too much texting my crush? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=715327)

• Nov 8, 2012, 08:56 PM
    Wannabecountry
    Too much texting my crush?
    I have a crush on this guy but I think I might've texting him too much I don't want to crowd him but I don't know if he would text me if I didn't text him first. Ahhhhhhh what should I do?
  • Nov 8, 2012, 09:07 PM
    Wondergirl
    (You look familiar!)

Stop texting him so much. Send him a (very) short message. If he doesn't respond within 6 hours, stop entirely.

Girls like to text. I don't think guys like it that much, from what I hear.
  • Nov 8, 2012, 09:10 PM
    Wannabecountry
    Haha yeah you look familiar too lol and o.k. I ill try that there is a time difference between us though so it's a little harder to catch him sometimes
  • Nov 8, 2012, 09:14 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabecountry View Post
    Haha yeah you look familiar too lol and o.k. I ill try that there is a time difference between us though so it's a little harder to catch him sometimes

When you text someone, you aren't trying to "catch" him -- texting is like email, a message he can read when he gets it or it might sit in his message box until he has time to read it. If he doesn't answer right away, he may not be ignoring you but may be busy with life. I text my brother just so he gets my message fast (he carries his cell phone, but isn't near a computer very often), but he may not read that message until hours later.
  • Nov 8, 2012, 09:28 PM
    kimosfire
    Dun be overly attached lol
    I honestly freak out when someone texts me allot lol
  • Nov 8, 2012, 09:34 PM
    Wannabecountry
    Well I texted him and he texted me back like two minutes later so now what am I supposed to think maybe he just doesn't like to start the conversation?
  • Nov 8, 2012, 09:44 PM
    Wondergirl
    Is there a conversation?
  • Nov 8, 2012, 10:11 PM
    Wannabecountry
    Yeah typically we talk about hunting and tanning hides lol but it's not like he doesn't respond as soon as I start a conversation we will talk for days but when it's over then I have to start one or he will never text me
  • Nov 8, 2012, 10:26 PM
    dontknownuthin
    Do you ever talk in person? Has he ever asked you out? There comes a point where texting should move into real life and if he doesn't take that step, I'd assume he's just being polite and friendly but isn't into you.
  • Nov 8, 2012, 10:33 PM
    Wannabecountry
    Yeah we hang out and have a blast together. But he has nevertheless asks me out
  • Nov 8, 2012, 10:36 PM
    Wondergirl
    Does he have a girlfriend, or has he ever had one?
  • Nov 9, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Wannabecountry
    He has had girlfriends but doesn't have one at the moment
  • Nov 9, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Alty
    How do the two of you go out? You said there was a time difference. How is it possible to physically date someone (see each other in person) if you live far enough apart that there's a time difference?
  • Nov 9, 2012, 04:49 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    You know there is something silly on the text devices, it is called a cell phone. I have heard that recently some of the newer ones actually allow you to call the person and talk to them with your voice. ( ** I know a wild concept)

If you want to have a conversation you call them on the phone and talk to them.

A text is again like a email and if there are several a day, yes it is too many
  • Nov 9, 2012, 10:29 PM
    Wannabecountry
    We live very far apart but I visit often enough to hang out with him. And I am moving out there soon. And as for calling him it's hard because he's really busy but we do talk sometimes
  • Nov 14, 2012, 06:16 PM
    mikki821
    First relax and take a deap breath. Its OK if your crush doesent right back to you right away mabe he is bussy or him phone died. If he texted you first then great. If he doesn't than its OK. Don't feel like your texting him too much . In over all don't worie its OK. If you want skype your crush. And mabe he will see that you to can skyle instead of texing.