Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Religious Discussions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=485)
-   -   Describe Heaven (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=354268)

• May 15, 2009, 12:44 PM
    cozyk
    Describe Heaven
    Give your best description of "heaven".
    There will be a follow up later, but please address this request first.
  • May 15, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Wondergirl

It will be even better than the best time and place you've enjoyed on earth.

For me, that has always involved other people and animals.
  • May 15, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Alty

If there is a heaven I hope that it's paradise, that I'll be with my parents and everyone else that has gone before me, people, pets, everyone.

Who am I kidding though, I'm probably going down. ;)
  • May 15, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'm probably going down. ;)

Not so! I've already arranged for you to be my celestial assistant to clean litter boxes and cages, and to walk dogs. All supplies will be provided. You also will be in charge of making pizzas from scratch (alternate Wednesdays).
  • May 15, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Not so! I've already arranged for you to be my celestial assistant to clean litter boxes and cages, and to walk dogs. All supplies will be provided. You also will be in charge of making pizzas from scratch (alternate Wednesdays).

If I'm going to have to make pizza then I'm definitely going down. I think they frown on anything burning in heaven.
  • May 15, 2009, 01:03 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

If I'm going to have to make pizza then I'm definitely going down. I think they frown on anything burning in heaven.

In heaven, all your faults will be removed. People will clamor for your pizzas.
  • May 15, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Krazi

Heaven:
    A home for saved souls through salvation.
    A never ending communion with God.
    Eternity of bliss.
  • May 15, 2009, 01:30 PM
    inthebox

I can only put it in terms of what God has blessed me here on earth with.

I have had a hard days where nothing goes right and I feel near worthless, then I pull into the drive and the dog comes running at me joyfully, just glad to see me - that moment is heaven. :)

When I first saw my wife and again on our wedding day; the attraction, the heart flutterring, the mild hand perspiration, feeling light headed - that moment is heaven. :D

You ever do something good for someone - just help them out it makes you near cry - like at the end of those "extreme makeover " shows - that is like heaven. :p

The innoncence and just plain adorableness of an infant - that is heaven :)

Get pulled over - after awhile the cop lets you off with just a warning - that is heaven. :rolleyes:

I can go on. I think I will be all smiles, at peace, no dread, no fear, no worry, total contentment and eagerness to do good things - that is what I think heaven is. :D

G&P
  • May 15, 2009, 01:48 PM
    spitvenom

Rivers of Magic hat #9 flow everywhere . Football being played all the time. Endless supply of Adidas sandals (with the foam fit) Oh wait that my house already.
  • May 15, 2009, 01:50 PM
    cozyk
    Quote:

I can go on. I think I will be all smiles, at peace, no dread, no fear, no worry, total contentment and eagerness to do good things - that is what I think heaven is. :D

G&P[/QUOTE]

This is pretty close to my idea of heaven. Only I THINK that my essence will only have those "feelings" without the need for the actual activity happening that brings on those feelings.

I said I THINK because there is not a living soul that can know for sure. More about this later on my follow up question. :)
  • May 15, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    G&P

This is pretty close to my idea of heaven. Only I THINK that my essence will only have those "feelings" without the need for the actual activity happening that brings on those feelings.

I said I THINK because there is not a living soul that can know for sure. More about this later on my follow up question. :)[/QUOTE]
    I do believe we will enjoy activity in heaven though, productive as well as leisure activities. Man is made for activity. But yes, the feelings will be there in any event.
  • May 15, 2009, 02:16 PM
    cozyk
    Quote:

I do believe we will enjoy activity in heaven though, productive as well as leisure activities. Man is made for activity. But yes, the feelings will be there in any event.
    [/QUOTE]
    But I don't enjoy activity. (whine , whine:o)

#1 "Man" is made for activity. Man is a physical form. We leave that physical form behind don't we? It has a beginning and an end. It's the spirit that lives on. At least that is my own opinion.

#2 Productive and leisure activities? Do you think that is mandatory? I only do those things because I should move my body around for my health. You think I got to do that in heaven too? I don't care for any sports, despise exercise, and don't really want to be productive by working in any way. I was hoping I could be a bonafide couch potato without the guilt.
  • May 15, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    I was hoping I could be a bonafide couch potato without the guilt.

Maybe you will have that choice too. You can be in change of all the greyhounds.
  • May 15, 2009, 02:34 PM
    JoeCanada76

Many people believe that heaven will be endless peace and not having to do a thing. Living life in paradise.

I have heard that we will all be assigned work that we just won't be floating around doing nothing. That there will be purpose to our work on the other side as well.

I also believe that Heaven is indescribable. Something that no words can truly describe. Limitless to what limits we have in this physical world.

That we will be with other spirits. There is many rooms in Gods mansion. Does that mean there are many different levels to heaven?

Not really answering, I do not care, but just saying my thoughts on heaven.

Joe
  • May 30, 2009, 01:34 PM
    belovedgift

Heaven is all things at all times. For if god is allpowerfull and everywhere at alltimes then everything is his kingdom.
  • May 30, 2009, 01:41 PM
    ordinaryguy

If I could describe it, there'd be no point in going. It'll be a surprise, just like hell.
  • May 30, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    If I could describe it, there'd be no point in going. It'll be a surprise, just like hell.

Hell is no surprise, we're living in it now. ;)
  • May 30, 2009, 03:16 PM
    ordinaryguy
    Quote:

Hell is no surprise, we're living in it now. ;)

If you think this is hell, you WILL be surprised.
  • May 30, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    If you think this is hell, you WILL be surprised.

After the week I've had, nothing would be a surprise.

I'm actually waiting for another flood, armageddon, I wouldn't be at all shocked at this point.
  • May 30, 2009, 05:41 PM
    ordinaryguy

Sorry to hear that, Alty. Maybe hell will be an improvement. That WOULD be a surprise, wouldn't it.